Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Final decisions?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Final decisions?

Has anyone made their final decision about where to attend?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2008
    University of Colorado - Denver

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2008
    The Ohio State University

GO BUCKS!

Registered
    Jan 2008
    I am set on Rutgers, Go Knights! The program at Bloustein is the best fit for me.
    Im holding out on an aid package from UPenn before making a final decision.
    Most likely, I'll be in New Brunswick this Fall

Registered
    Nov 2008
    Congratulations Striving4equality!

This probably belongs in the other threat about Rutgers but if you or anyone else has any questions about RU or New Brunswick, please let me know. I went to RU and the Bloustein School for undergrad. Had classes with a lot of the professors who teach in the graduate program, they were always very good and probably part of the reasons I decided to pursue this field.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2007
    Berkeley it is! Three cheers for the Golden Bears!

Registered
    Mar 2009
    Berkeley it is too. Hey riotproofcity, did you receive the message I sent you through cyburbia? If not what is your profile name at Berkeley's google group?

Registered
    Mar 2009
    i'm very close to picking UCLA and i'm trying to be excited about it...it just sucks because my "other half" is moving to chicago for his phd. i don't want to be that girl that is always crying about missing the boyfriend no one's ever met lol. probably not the way to get ahead professionally...but i can't afford UIC. at least i will rack up some airline miles!

Quote Originally posted by riotproofcity View post
    Three cheers for the Golden Bears!
    amen! oh i hope you guys really like Cal. when i was a tour guide there i would gleefully tell all my tours that the College of Env. Design building (wurster) was "the ugliest building on campus!" and make them guess what departments it housed. good for a laugh anyway
    Last edited by Gedunker; 21 Mar 2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: seq. replies

Registered
    Mar 2009
    Back to my Alma Mater, Cornell
    GO BIG RED!!!

Registered
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally posted by crrfl

GO BUCKS!
    Congratulations! Let me know if you have any questions - I was born and raised in Columbus and went undergrad at The Ohio State Univeristy.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    UNC and working at the Center for Community Capital

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to select Clemson.

Got my applications out kind of late so have only heard from one out of four schools, so not optimistic about my chances on the others at this point. On top of that Clemson offered me an assistantship which gives me in state tuition plus $3500 stipend a semester, I don't see the other schools offering me this with my 3.2 gpa / 1100 GRE. Not to mention the cost of living is pretty low around there. Honestly didn't expect to pay less for school by going out of state, so that's a huge draw.

I don't know a whole lot about their MCRP program but the surrounding area sounds like it is growing and Clemson itself looks to be a great campus.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2005
    I think I'm going to go to Berkeley. Guess I'll be seeing you guys around then riotproofcity and diagger!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2008
    I've all but decided on Cornell. Still waiting on Harvard, but at this point it's probably a rejection.

Traveling from Los Angeles to Cornell feels like I'm embarking on a mini expedition. Especially the part about not being able to get into Ithaca other than by car, bus or prop plane..haha. I'm excited

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally posted by crrfl View post

GO BUCKS!
    The Bus is a great decision...I had sooo much fun during undergrad I made it last 5 years. In Columbus they clear the beer cans off the sidewalks with leaf-blowers!

I will be at USC this fall...."Fight On!"

Registered
    Mar 2009
    I'll be at USC in the fall as well!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    UT-Austin here I come. Nothing but urban design and tacos for me!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2008
    What made you pick UT-Austin? I couldn't make the open house and am having trouble setting up a visit (and I live a few blocks away!) but I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.

And if you need any Austin info-neighborhoods, etc., let me know.

Registered
    May 2008
    Pretty close to committing to Cal Poly SLO... but waiting for one last decision before I make it official...

Registered
    Mar 2009
    I'm also looking at UT-Austin. I did make it to the open house and I LOVED it. But I am torn between there and the University of Pennsylvania. I just heard from UNC yesterday and I'm wait listed.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally posted by bessymarch View post
    What made you pick UT-Austin? I couldn't make the open house and am having trouble setting up a visit (and I live a few blocks away!) but I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.

And if you need any Austin info-neighborhoods, etc., let me know.
    Of the programs I looked at, UT-Austin had the best mix of my interests (urban design, sustainability, preservation), real-world opportunities, and overall feel of the program. The open house was wonderful and they also offered me a fellowship.

The biggest question I have right now is when to move? More to the point, at what point will the UT students start snapping up all the rentals? I'm probably going to be looking for a cottage or duplex in hyde park, east austin or clarksville, but I'd like to move as late as possible (I have an internship possibility for the summer up here in seattle).

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Rutgers. After visiting the program, any doubts I may have had are gone and I'm quite happy about the decision.

Hunter College despite no official word on funding (damn NYS budget delays) its the cheapest of my three options, has a great MUP program, and i'm saving money living at home.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2008
    I just recently made the decision to attend Tufts. It was a tough choice between Tufts and UMASS Amherst which was much cheaper but as I was hearing stories that all of the UMASS campuses were facing drastic budget cuts and Tufts upped my tuition remission to 30% from 20%, I decided to throw my lot with the more stable school. It was my second to top choice anyways and I get to continue living at home and saving a lot of money.

Registered
    Mar 2009
    I've decided on Toronto. Go university system in which no one cares about sports teams!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. MIT decisions
    Student Commons
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 15 Mar 2010, 10:17 PM
  2. Final Decisions?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 22 May 2007, 11:26 AM
  3. Decisions, decisions...