Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Landscape architecture to planner suggestions

Registered
    Mar 2009

Landscape architecture to planner suggestions

I am going to be graduating with a BLA and im looking to go into a planning career. Apparently 40% of the graduating class from my school goes into planning. How does one jump start there career into this? what is the best method for making myself marketable to a planning office?

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JARED View post
    I am going to be graduating with a BLA and im looking to go into a planning career. Apparently 40% of the graduating class from my school goes into planning. How does one jump start there career into this? what is the best method for making myself marketable to a planning office?
    I work for a wierd office. Where I am everyone with a degree in Public Administration work in Zoning, everyone with a Landscape Architecture Degree work in Site Plan Review, and people with a degree in Urban and Regional Planning work in Long Range Planning.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Jan 2009
    By getting a Masters in UP. I would think.
    "Inside Joke"

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by JARED View post
    Hook up with a land planning or design firm. Put your skills to work there and you could get a certificate in planning to help educate yourself on planning laws, fundamentals, etc. But private firms, along with most other places aren't really hiring, so you maybe going back and getting your master's degree just might be worth it.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 24 Aug 2012, 11:03 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Nov 2009, 11:00 PM
  3. Architecture and Landscape.
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 08 Feb 2004, 3:21 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 Jun 2001, 12:46 PM