Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: A little [blank] in all of us

Registered
    Feb 2004

A little [blank] in all of us

jakers once posted something kind of amusing on the explain your avatar thread "I think that there is a little Pete Rose in all of us."

I suppose he's right, there is a little Pete Rose in all (or at least most) of us. Granted, he's going through painful gyrations to get OUT of some folks, but he's there in faithful spirit all the same.

Which raises the question who else might be in there? Many of you may harbor the secret conviction that Larry Flynt has possessed RJ, and it may also have crossed at least a few people's minds that some sort of inexplicable link exists between Dan Quayle and michaelskis. But what about yourself (or others); is there anyone else inside?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Shades of STAN shady.

RJ time
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    I am channeling my internal demon(s)

I am sure there may be more than one! In fact, there may be one on each shoulder, a couple doing research for future shenanigans, and maybe one to run interference with the last angel that has hope for me.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jan 2009

Slides over the soap box, lifts 1st leg.....

From my point of view we humans are complex individuals. From the outside it seems we are very similar in so many respects yet, we can never tell if how we see eachother and the world is how anyone else sees eachother or the world.

Id like to think that there isnt very much discrepency between the view from others eyes yet, over my limited number of years and relationships there seems to be empirical evidence to contradict this inclination.

People see things in a variety and sometimes mind boggling ways. This may be caste as the cause of all social ills and be the blame for the"world we live in". However I see it as any other seemingly negative aspect of human nature: that being..that you have the power to look at things differently, or from a new positive perspective. Creating consensus instead of antagonism. This is the crux of my complicated view of human beings: the ability to change course, to be unpredictable in viewpoint, even within ones self.

"You can never change the wind, you can only adjust your sails"

I have a little "Pete Rose" inside of me
    "Inside Joke"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 32
    Last post: 05 Apr 2013, 11:57 AM
  2. The BLANK capitol of the world
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 32
    Last post: 08 Sep 2004, 9:18 PM
  3. Fill in the blank contest May 22