Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Lost moderator powers

Lost moderator powers

Dan giff57 NHPlanner someone has set me to 'invisible' status and i can't moderate at all. Can you see what's going on, please?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Would this be an April Fool's Day prank ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

I've been on the Cyb for 5-1/2 years and I have never once been invisible not for a second. I'm not even sure where in the control panel to make myself invisible. THIS IS NOT A PRANK!

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    I've been on the Cyb for 5-1/2 years and I have never once been invisible not for a second. I'm not even sure where in the control panel to make myself invisible. THIS IS NOT A PRANK!
    Uh, something is up. I just tried to remove a duplicate post and my mod password came up invalid. Dan--is this some kind of joke, or is there something wrong with the forums?

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

I know: I saw the leeched image in the FAC and went to edit the thread and had no edit button. I went to post a moderator note and no luck. What's going on. And, I'm STILL frikkin set to invisible.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Dan, seriously please check your PM's. We agreed we weren't going to do an April Fools joke this year and I see that I still have some supermod controls - so I know this is not a prank. I can perform some mod functions right now but I cannot ban.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    wow, so no yellow cards today or anything, hehehehehehe

maybe it's the guy posting the flag or the one who is posting about his ranch

it's not me, though, really! not smart enough to do any cyber-pranks but I wish I was!

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    wow, so no yellow cards today or anything, hehehehehehe

maybe it's the guy posting the flag or the one who is posting about his ranch

it's not me, though, really! not smart enough to do any cyber-pranks but I wish I was!
    Ugh. Look, I know the durned date and it does seem coincidental, BUT I AM NOT JOKING. My page loads at work are S - L - O - W - E - R than molasses in January (not just on Cyburbia, but everywhere) and I'm worried about a conficker virus as well.

Dan, I have no access to MCP and like Suburb Repairman and Maister I obviously can't ban.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    My IT guy thinks this might be a symptom of the conficker worm. Seems other boards are having issues as well.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Powers needed by transit and why
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 12 Jan 2008, 11:29 AM
  2. Super Powers
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 18 Apr 2007, 11:01 AM
  3. Replies: 5