Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: New to Cyburbia...from NY/NJ

Registered
    Apr 2009

New to Cyburbia...from NY/NJ

My name is Sunny and im graduating on May 17th. I am interested in applying to grad schools for urban planning. I am considering Rutgers, Hunter, NYU-Wagner, Columbia. I want to stay around NYC. I am graduating from a respectable University with a 3.3 GPA.

any one have any suggestions, and advice. And what do you think my chances are getting into these programs. Also 2 or the 4 programs i mentions i believe do not require GRE's, what are your suggestions on taking them or not.

Thank you!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Welcome aboard!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Welcome from upstate!

Sorry I can't help with advice on grad school... I have been out of school far too long.

Greetings from the Hoosier state, hard by the Ohio River. I'm an ex-pat central Jerseyan with, alas, no real ties to the Garden State anymore.

I'm sure you've checked out the Student Lounge subforum for school discussions. Thanks for registering and I look forward to seeing you around the Cyb.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Greetings from the Hoosier state, hard by the Ohio River. I'm an ex-pat central Jerseyan
    What he said; still with ties to the Garden State mostly to LBI.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from Upstate NY!

I'd say take the GREs. It is better to have them and not use them then need them and not have them available. That said, one of the main factors in my grad school choice was the fact that they didn't require GREs. In my case I had taken them once as an undergrad and I didn't want to have to take them again because they were outdated.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 08 Mar 2012, 7:33 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 May 2009, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last post: 20 Oct 2003, 9:29 AM