Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Albany planning program and New York M.Arch program?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2009

Albany planning program and New York M.Arch program?

First of all I was wondering if I made the right choice to pursue the Masters of Urban and Regional Planning program at SUNY Albany? Secondly after I receive my masters from Albany I really wanted to get involved in something I have always wanted to pursue and thats Architecture. I feel it would only benefit from the Masters in Regional Planning program as well. I was wondering however if anyone has any thoughts of the City College of New Yorks M.Arch program? its a cuny so it would be inexpensive which is the main pro and supposedly it is getting good reviews. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I am not famiiar with City College nor architecture for that matter, but I do not City College programs are very competitive in the urban/city planning departments so my assumption is that it is a strong program and any planning school in NYC is solid, I'll be going to Hunter in the fall for urban planning and they have one of the most practical and solid programs (with a great faculty) that I have seen for a fraction of the cost

good luck

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Robbins -

I'm not very well educated on architecture schools so take this for what it's worth.

From what I've heard, CCNY has a respectable arch. school. not as nationally/internationally recognized as some of the other NYC architecture schools, but well-regarded in the NYC area. Obviously it is WAY less expensive than the other NYC arch. schools.

They're moving into a new building dedicated specifically to the arch., larch., & urban design school this coming Fall.

From what the director of the landscape arch program told me there is very little, if any, collaboration between the arch and larch programs.

you might also want to check out the archinect forums for more info since that site is focused on architecture.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 11 Aug 2010, 12:29 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Aug 2010, 5:16 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 22 Aug 2009, 3:39 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 17 Jan 2006, 12:58 PM
  5. CU Denver Arch Program???
    Student Commons