Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: National Trust for Historic Preservation auction

Registered
    Aug 2004

National Trust for Historic Preservation auction

Anyone else looked over the goodies available? There are some awesome getaway packages - golf, wineries/breweries, historic tours, etc. I have a watch on a couple that are close enough to drive to, but the listings are nation-wide.

Take a look - there's probably something close to you! And it's all for a good cause! Well, if you believe in the National Trust's mission, it's a good cause!

http://www.cmarket.com/auction/Aucti...rvationauction
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for sharing, now delete this thread! I don't want anyone else to know about it so that my competition is less.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Thanks for sharing, now delete this thread! I don't want anyone else to know about it so that my competition is less.
    Hey, are you the one that's jacking up the paint price??
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 07 Sep 2011, 9:57 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 21 Feb 2011, 8:49 AM
  3. MS historic preservation?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 30 Sep 2008, 10:41 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last post: 30 Aug 2006, 11:10 PM