Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AICP CM credit opportunities (free and low-cost)

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Anyone have any new CM credit sources? My current employer is extremely stingy when it comes to anything APA related, so I'm bearing the full cost of keeping the certification and paying for CM credits myself. Need a backup in the evant that my National Conference attendance doesn't pan out.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by MacheteJames View post
    Anyone have any new CM credit sources? My current employer is extremely stingy when it comes to anything APA related, so I'm bearing the full cost of keeping the certification and paying for CM credits myself. Need a backup in the evant that my National Conference attendance doesn't pan out.
    Ohio Chapter has the Planning Webcast Series - free & online: http://www.ohioplanning.org/aws/APAO...opment_webcast

Friday at 1 PM Eastern for 1.5 CM per session, which is .25 more than a conference session.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2013

Check affiliates as well

Sometimes affiliate groups, like AIA, ASLA, USGBC, ULI, NACTO, Smart Growth America, Transportation for America, the Federal Reserve Banks, and others host either local lectures or webinars you can attend for free. These may offer CM credits sometimes?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by akshali2000 View post
    Sometimes affiliate groups, like AIA, ASLA, USGBC, ULI, NACTO, Smart Growth America, Transportation for America, the Federal Reserve Banks, and others host either local lectures or webinars you can attend for free. These may offer CM credits sometimes?
    From the APA / AICP's Certification Maintenance program

Certification Maintenance (CM) providers are educational organizations approved by AICP to provide continuing education activities and events for CM credits.
    All education providers, including APA and its chapters and divisions, must apply to become CM providers.

AICP markets all CM-approved activities through its online CM Search.
    Approved organizations are also included in the online directory of CM providers.
    CM Provider Search: https://www.planning.org/cm/search/providers/

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I needed 12 credits by the end of the year. I watched several recordings on planning.org (free) and was able to get what I needed. I was planning on attending my local Fall APA but went this route instead which permitted one of my planners to then attend.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 28 Sep 2011, 4:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 29 May 2009, 6:05 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Nov 2008, 10:05 AM
  4. Free Credit Reports
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2