Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noodles

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    When Mrs. Tranplanner and I were in Vancouver a few months ago we noticed this restaurant near our hotel that always had a lineup outside, so we made sure to try it one night. The menu consisted entirely of handmade ramen noodles in different broths. Oh. My. God. It was so good. I am stoked that I will be heading back on business at least twice this year.
    I have never tried ramen noodles.

Today for lunch, I had Publix deli mac & cheese. It was yummy. Thanks, RJ!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I have never tried ramen noodles.

Today for lunch, I had Publix deli mac & cheese. It was yummy. Thanks, RJ!
    Real ramen has nothing to do with the dried packaged crap favored by college students.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Real ramen has nothing to do with the dried packaged crap favored by college students.
    That's good to know, because my kid tried the dried stuff once and almost puked.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Now that cooler temps have arrived we'll break out the family faves cookbook and start having some casseroles for dinner. One staple is a German casserole called 'nudelpfanne' that has noodles, mushroom soup, peas, spinach and knockwurst in it.

People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2006
    I love noodles of all kinds, Oriental, Italian, egg, potato (gnocchi), stuffed (tortelloni, ravioli, etc) but especially rigatoni and spaghetti in home-made tomato sauce, preferably flavored with pork, mushrooms, black olives, onions, and garlic. A couple of times a year, I'll be bad and make up a batch of tomato sauce with pork hocks in the crockpot. Yummy but NOT good for healthy blood vessels or weight maintenance, especially when you eat the pork hocks!

About the only pasta I don't like is in creamy white sauces like Alfredo, although mac and cheese is always good (Stouffer's frozen is top notch IMO).
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Favored might be a strong word. College students eat them out of necessity, not because they love them. In those days in grad school when I worked at Wendy's, ramen noodles and a half-priced junior bacon provide me with lunch for about 60 cents.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Love all kinds of noodles and always have. Damn carbs, being all tasty and stuff.

Angle hair, penne, buttered egg noodles, pho, ramen..doesn't matter to me. I'll eat them all.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    May 2004
    fresh buckwheat noodles are the delish
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2