Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: the Cyburbia Wacky Dream Log

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Here is a strange one - married with kids.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    After my back surgery a few months ago I was given a prescription of Vicodin. The second night home I took two before bed and so the most interesting night's sleep in a long, long time began.

After about 30 minutes the light show in my head began and it was awesome! This rolling kaleidoscope of vivid flashes of light and color flew through my mind, whether my eyes were opened or closed. After a while it all settled down and I dropped off to sleep and had a series of dreams

The one that stuck out was that I went to visit my mom who was running a combination thrift shop and orphanage in what appeared to be an old superstore. Lots of old furniture, knicknacks, appliances, etc. The staff and the orphans sacked out on the sofas and beds in the store. One staff member lived with his whole family - their space was like one huge blanket fort. What was oddest was some of the staff - Mr and Mrs. Howell (from Gillagan's Island) and a retired superhero who was in costume and called himself Grey Ghost. Seemed like a fun place to work.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Two that I haven't been able to shake...

#1 - My wife & I had walked around our schizophrenic neighbor's house to look at something. I looked up on his garage roof and he was standing at the edge looking all zoned out. I said something to him, he looked at me with a really blank stare and then launched himself off the roof. He didn't put his arms out or anything, just landed face down on the pavement. Just a dull thud and a slight bounce on impact.

#2 - I was being chased by a bull and ran to my house. I opened the front door and the bull ran through the house, out the patio door into the back yard, and around the corner of the house. When I looked around the corner, an acquaintance of mine who is a retired Army master sargeant was sitting there in a chair talking to the bull like it was nothing out of the ordinary.

I really enjoyed my teenage dreams a lot more.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I went to a fictional city in Missouri to attend a conference on how the trains and subways there are in grave danger due to flash flooding that could drown the riders. After the conference I stupidly went on a train anyway and sure enough they announced that flood waters were on their way to drown us. Somehow we didn't drown. It was one of those cool dreams where your mind designs an entire city and you feel intimately familiar with the geography.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I had some bad dreams after watching the Human Centipede.

Won't get into it.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Dec 2010
    This instantly reminded of the dream I had a while back:

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...ht=#post605905
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Last night I dreamed that someone bought me a top-of-the-line, brand-new SmartPhone as a gift... except it was HUGE, about the size of a boom box (you youngsters can look that up if you don't recognize the term ). Because people were walking around with these huge flashy devices, they were often the target of thieves. Strangers would stop me on the street to ask about my cool SmartPhone -- some in admiration, others clearly interested in grabbing it from me. I made it a point to tell the admirers that it was a gift; I didn't want anyone to think I could afford to buy one myself.

Somehow I ended up either on a game show or maybe a fair where I played a trivia game and managed to win a 2nd SmartPhone! Now I had to figure out how to get it home before someone stole it. I was thinking of giving that one to my husband.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Highlights from last night's dream:

Mario Gomez, his six-pack, and a juvenile alligator.

Registered
    May 2005
    Horrible dream last night involving my daughters. When I woke up I just wanted to hug them, but I didn't want to wake them up.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I had a dream that Mitt Romney moved in with the Mormon family that lives 3 houses down from me...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I don't know if it's so much a dream per se, but Sunday morning I kinda half-woke up at 6 a.m. with this dreadful feeling - oh god, it's Monday! I can't believe the weekend is over so quickly. Let me think about what work I have to do today....wait a minute...is it possible it's Sunday?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by zman View post
    I had a dream that Mitt Romney moved in with the Mormon family that lives 3 houses down from me...
    I had a dream a few weeks ago that Mitt Romney was busting me for smoking.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I had a dream a few weeks ago that Mitt Romney was busting me for smoking.
    That sounds more like MIchael Bloomberg. Was he trying to take away your 32 oz sippy cup too?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 1998
    I attended an APA seminar. In discussion with the moderator, an APA employee, she gave not so subtle hints that I had no right to be there and should give up my seat to a real and full time planner. During a break someone told me my rear tire was going flat. Later that day I did find that I needed air in a rear tire.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Horrible dream last night involving my daughters. When I woke up I just wanted to hug them, but I didn't want to wake them up.
    Those are the worst dreams, especially because they seem to carry with you all day.

Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol
    Highlights from last night's dream:

Mario Gomez, his six-pack, and a juvenile alligator
    And.... those can be the best dreams minus the juvenile alligator...

Registered
    Jul 2007
    I had a dream that I was suddenly moving to the DC area for an awesome job...although that's not so crazy or wacky...someday
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

I rarely remember my dreams or nightmares, so this one stands out. I went to bed early Sunday night and woke at 4 AM Monday and could not get back to sleep. Rather than get up, I stayed in bed to let my body rest. Around 5 AM I fell asleep and had a nightmare that I was in a room with an assassin, who was smiling at me and holding two hand grenades (and nothing else it seemed). I left the room and entered a stair hall and tried to wedge my way between some obstacle at the top of the stairs and the ceiling to get away ... and ended up perfectly wedging myself between the object and the ceiling. Woke up promptly thinking "sitting duck". It was 5:20 and I wouldn't sleep the rest of the morning.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Had a horrible job dream last night.

I had to brief a room full of Navy officers.
    The powerpoint wouldn't scale to the screen
    My slides were out of order
    The 2-star General only had 1-star in front of his name on my slides
    The General left half way through
    An finally, a window opened and a bunch of bees came in the room, and the room was my parents' basement.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I've been having some very violent dreams over the last few nights.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2006
    A few weeks ago I dreamed l p and I were doing another session together at APA. I couldn't find her, the room, and had no idea what we were to talk about . . .

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Last night my clock radio was set for radio when I went to bed. I woke up this morning to someone interviewing my boss about a project! I thought it was a nightmare.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I can tell if I am starting to get sick as I keep having a dream that I just shot and killed someone and I am now being chased by the police. It is a reoccurring thing.
    "I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which, was that you can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love." - Jim Carrey

Registered
    Feb 2005
    I had my first ever zombie apocalypse dream two nights ago... I was in a huge office park and no matter where I hid, they would find me so I had to keep running and hiding. After awhile I figured out that the only somewhat safe way to get around was to act like a zombie. I think I may have been feeling a little stressed about a big upcoming meeting the next day. Or else my subconsious is telling me that I'm a slave to The Man and I need to get out my metaphorical machete and machine gun.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Now last night I deamed I went on a shooting spree at Western Illinois University. Not to kill anyone, just 'shake things up'. Got caught. I attribute it to reading this thread.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Now last night I deamed I went on a shooting spree at Western Illinois University. Not to kill anyone, just 'shake things up'. Got caught. I attribute it to reading this thread.
    Uh...

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Administration / review / process Wacky statements from applicants
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 13 Jul 2012, 9:47 AM
  2. Wacky Warning Label
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 07 Jan 2005, 5:20 PM