I have a friend who has taken the AICP exam 8 times without a passing score. his highest score was a 50 and most recently scored a 40.
I don't really know the fellow all that well, but he has asked for my help. He has read everything I could possibly recommend, which is included at the end of this message.
While I would like to help him, I really don't know HOW to based on his track record. At this point I am going to suggest he completely start over, making the most basic notes on the fundamentals. There is obviously something wroing with his INPUT methods. Also going to suggest he take a local refresher course from this APA chapter as well as the Planetizen course.
Any advice would be appreciated.
1. The Green Book
2.Levy's Contemporary Planning Handbook
3. Urban Planning Analysis and Models by Donald Krueckeberg and Arthur Silvers
4. Kevin Lynch's Site Planning book
5. Quick Answers To Quantitative Problems by Page & Patton
In addition to these, I've also utilized links to the following chapters:
- Colorado AICP study links
- Pennsylvania New AICP study links
- North Carolina
- Florida section
- Indiana chapter
- Chapter President Council
- Various chapter PDO CD's and handouts
- Various study outlines from Michael Waiczis
- Attended numerous PDO AICP preparatory course, etc.
- Carol's Everyday Ethics for Practicing Planners PLUS multiple other resources