Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Typos in sign permit applications

Registered
    Nov 2006

Typos in sign permit applications

Now, I'm not the world's best speller, but I accepted a sign permit application today with a relatively funny typo. It should have read "addictive food" but it read "additivie food".

LOL!

Got a similar story in your neck of the woods?
    How about you take a gander at making an executive decision for once, huh?

Registered
    Oct 2003
    I had nothing to do with this, but it always makes me laugh.

There is a street sign for the private road which leads to the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine, TX that was supposed to read "Big Buck Dr" However, the signs that they received said "Big Bucks Dr" and instead of ordering new signs, they just spraypainted over the S. "Big Bucks" is pretty fitting for Bass Pro, though

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by FueledByRamen View post
    I had nothing to do with this, but it always makes me laugh.

There is a street sign for the private road which leads to the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine, TX that was supposed to read "Big Buck Dr" However, the signs that they received said "Big Bucks Dr" and instead of ordering new signs, they just spraypainted over the S. "Big Bucks" is pretty fitting for Bass Pro, though
    Could have been even more entertaining if the 'Buck' had a typo.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Not a sign permit, but a subdivision application, all the streets had "Disney names" like sleeping beauty street, pinocchio place, etc. I called the engineer and he was horrified; somebody in his office submitted the "joke" plan before the applicant came up with the real street names. We had fun with that.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 13
    Last post: 27 Mar 2014, 6:39 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 01 Jun 2011, 12:59 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last post: 18 Jun 2008, 8:13 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last post: 22 Dec 2006, 2:57 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last post: 21 Apr 2005, 6:25 PM