Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Census Complete Count Committee

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

Census Complete Count Committee

Q.
    Are you on your fair community's Census 2010 Complete Count Committee ? Yes I am.
    Who is the leader of it ? Mayor's Office
    Were you involved with it in 2000 ? Yes I was, and like most planners I saved a lot of the info/handouts.
    Have you had any press coverage yet ? Not much, still to early for something a year away.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I had a Census worker in my office this morning.

It begins....
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    We're doing it.

I was in charge, but now a deputy City Manager is in charge.

It's my first time doing it and I'm on the internal steering committee.

No outreach yet, our CCC hasn't even been selected.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Aug 2006
    The Census Bureau had some outreach funds available for CCCs that came through in the stimulus package. I think you could ask for anything up to $2,999 for printing and such. Contact your regional Census office and ask before its all gone.

Boiker, you're behind! According to the manual you're supposed to have been having CCC meetings since Fall 2008!

It's also only a few short months before LUCA Appeals time for Option 1 and Option 2 jurisdictions (i.e. those who signed a Title 13 confidentiality agreement) and the collection of new addresses from New Construction.

One weird thing about new construction is that only local governments can report it to the Census Bureau. Many state gov'ts were involved and helped local gov't in the LUCA process, but they can't be involved in accounting for new construction since the last LUCA submission. Why? Who knows.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    How large are (or how large do you anticipate) your CCCs? Just curious. And are you doing any kick-off/promotional events?

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Yes we have one and I think it is a pile of bullharkey. I am all for getting a complete count, but I think it is another attempt by a multi-billion dollar federal agency to shift much of the work down to the local level. I will participate and head the committee, but only reluctantly (and because I was told to by the Chairman).
    Satellite City Enabler

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 27 Mar 2013, 10:52 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 06 Jan 2012, 11:33 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 16 Jul 2004, 3:52 PM