Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Historic Preservation vs. MUP

Registered
    May 2008

Historic Preservation vs. MUP

Hi all,

I was wondering if any planners out there hold master's in historic preservation and know what sorts of opportunities are out there for MHP graduates. I'm still torn between going the MHP route (I majored in history and love architecture) and the MUP route (more practical/lucrative[?]). Any advice would be much appreciated!

There are programs which allow you to obtain a dual degree. I spoke to someone from U Penn who earned it and she said that it is no different than getting one degree. You just make sure a lot of your classes overlap.

Registered
    May 2008
    Thanks for the info! I think that may be the path i'm going to take...does anyone here currently work for a historic commission or do other preservation work?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TribeGuy View post
    ...does anyone here currently work for a historic commission or do other preservation work?
    Search through the threads in the Career Development and Advice forum - there are a few folks on here with MHP degrees and/or working in various areas related to historic preservation.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 07 Sep 2011, 9:57 AM
  2. MS historic preservation?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 30 Sep 2008, 10:41 AM
  3. Preservation Historic preservation
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 17 Jan 2007, 11:52 AM