and the women that love them: I have a question and need your help.
As I've gotten older, the circulatory system has slowed down a bit and I find that my hands get cold easier than they ever did. I took to wearing gloves -- the leather work gloves I bought at the local hardware. They are fine for work, but they aren't very warm and when they get wet, well. So, I need suggestions about good gloves from our northern Cyburbians.
* I have small hands (7.5" from heel of palm to tip of middle finger)
* Big, fat gloves are uncomfortable for me and seriously decrease my dexterity
* Anybody that's met me knows I am anything but a clothes horse, so I'm looking for "function first, form second"
* My morning commute is less than a mile, so I just hop in the manual transmission truck and go. I need to feel safe and comfortable wearing the gloves while I drive my kids to school and myself to work
* I am the ice/snow scraping, snow shoveling, snowman-building, snow-ball fighting, sled-riding dad in the house: waterproof or resistant is important
So, I eagerly await your suggestions and testimonials. ;D