Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Men of the North ...

Men of the North ...

and the women that love them: I have a question and need your help.

As I've gotten older, the circulatory system has slowed down a bit and I find that my hands get cold easier than they ever did. I took to wearing gloves -- the leather work gloves I bought at the local hardware. They are fine for work, but they aren't very warm and when they get wet, well. So, I need suggestions about good gloves from our northern Cyburbians.

* I have small hands (7.5" from heel of palm to tip of middle finger)
    * Big, fat gloves are uncomfortable for me and seriously decrease my dexterity
    * Anybody that's met me knows I am anything but a clothes horse, so I'm looking for "function first, form second"
    * My morning commute is less than a mile, so I just hop in the manual transmission truck and go. I need to feel safe and comfortable wearing the gloves while I drive my kids to school and myself to work
    * I am the ice/snow scraping, snow shoveling, snowman-building, snow-ball fighting, sled-riding dad in the house: waterproof or resistant is important

So, I eagerly await your suggestions and testimonials. ;D
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2004

Re: Men of the North ...

Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    and the women that love them: ......* I have small hands
    I just heard that number of women dropping exponentially (you know what they say...)

Okay, seriously the best pair of winter activity gloves I ever had (and still do) are a pair of Alpinestars storm gore-tex gloves. Good mobility and they've held up admirably during two hour long tobogan outings
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2001

just heard that number of women dropping exponentially (you know what they say...)
    Small hands = small gloves? Yes, heard it a thousand times.

Mine= 7.75" FTW,
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Quote Originally posted by maister
    and the women that love them: ......* I have small hands
    I just heard that number of women dropping exponentially (you know what they say...)
    I see you didn't post the length of your hand. C'mon. You know you measured it...

Okay, seriously the best pair of winter activity gloves I ever had (and still do) are a pair of Alpinestars storm gore-tex gloves. Good mobility and they've held up admirably during two hour long tobogan outings
    I'll take a look at those.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2004

I see you didn't post the length of your hand. C'mon. You know you measured it...
    My hand measures an impressive 7.25" long! ;D
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello From the North!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 12 Sep 2007, 6:26 AM
  2. Greetings from North Jersey
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 14 Dec 2006, 10:10 AM
  3. Hello from the north
    Introduce Yourself