Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Coming Soon to an FAC Near You!

Registered
    Feb 2004

Coming Soon to an FAC Near You!

I've got a few ideas for some upcoming FAC threads. I won't 'waste' them by starting the threads here on the temp board but here's at least a preview of coming attractions:

Music 101: Are you into Bluegrass? Trip hop? Ska? Bebop? Industrial? Glam rock? Crossover pop? This will be a thread designed to serve as an introduction to perhaps lesser known forms of music that you may or may not be familiar with. Thread participants will be asked to provide five Youtube or mp3 links of what they feel are the best or most representative examples of a given style of music that is near and dear to their heart and thereby help better acquaint their fellow Cyburbians with the art form(s).

Fallout shelter: Once again Cyburbia is invited to play a thinking person's game. This time, however, the stakes are higher than ever as you will be asked to play the part of a fallout shelter warden. That's right, Armageddon is ten minutes away and YOU get to decide who lives or dies as the number of people standing outside the vault door exceeds the shelter's capacity. Participants will make their Post-Apocalyptic Survivor selections from a list of people with both useful and useless knowlege, beneficial and harmful social skills, weak and strong, young and old, male and female candidates.

Compartmentalization: Okay, they can't all be delightfully fun and funny gems. This will be (another) Maister psychological analysis thread where we explore the significance of the much misunderstood phenomenon known as 'compartmentalization'. While most Cyburbians' eyes will glaze over from the ensuing spate of dense psychobabble, an intrepid handful will attempt to understand the content and a few may even post replies!

Caption Contests: two strange images await your twisted and humorous re-interpretations.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Re: Coming Soon to an FAC Near You!

Well, this will certainly be interesting. :
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Feb 2004

Using the eye roll emoticon on ME?! I don't like your attitude, Mister.

Now where the hell are all my supermod weapons. I can't find that banhammer button around here anywhere....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2001

Sorry, Maister, I can't take you seriously with Bon Jovi as your avatar. I feel like I've slipped into an parallel dimension.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Feb 2004

Quote Originally posted by boiker
    Sorry, Maister, I can't take you seriously with Bon Jovi as your avatar.....
    Wow, you mean you normally DO otherwise? I'm deeply touched! :-*

Music 101 sounds fun!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Who's coming to Stanfest
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 60
    Last post: 07 Jul 2008, 10:45 AM
  2. Battlecry: The War is Coming
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 31 May 2006, 11:24 PM