Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Online project management certificates

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006

Online project management certificates

Since I failed the LEED-NC exam by one point earlier this summer and I can't retake the old exam, I want to earn a general project management certificate. I think it would be a good investment even if I decided to change careers down the road. It might even bolster up my AICP on a resume. I am meeting with a case worker next week to see if I am ellgible for federal funding for retraining.

My local community college offers a non-degree certificate program. However, it is 37 credits, and I am not interested in going to school full time right now while I look for a job. I have seen some universities such as Villanova and Norte Dame offer online project management certificates. What are your views regarding these certificates? Do you have any recommendations regarding specific programs?

Thanks-
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    Aug 2009
    Good choice on the the project management certificate (I'm a PM currently). It would definitely help having that certificate, as I have a couple of friends who got their jobs b/c they had those. You named two great online options with great schools, although the cost may be a little expensive. Found some great project manager salary references (just to keep your options open).

Good luck,

John

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. GIS online certificates
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Feb 2010, 1:42 PM
  2. Project management course
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 31 Oct 2008, 8:48 PM