*Stevia actually balances blood sugar levels, and is safe for use by both diabetics and hypoglycemics.
* Unlike aspartame, there are no reports of adverse effects from stevia’s use and scientific studies throughout the world prove out its safety. Stevia has never been shown to cause brain tumors, seizures, blindness, or any of the other 92 adverse reactions associated with aspartame.
* Unlike aspartame, stevia reduces the craving for sweets, making it the ideal sweetener for a society desperate to lose weight.
* Unlike sugar, stevia reduces cavities by retarding the growth of plaque.
* Stevia is used as a digestive aid in Brazil.
* Stevia contains antiseptic properties which have proven beneficial in speeding the healing process of skin wounds.
* Tests show that stevia’s antimicrobial properties inhibit the growth of streptococcus and other bacteria. This is especially noteworthy since some forms of streptococcus have become antibiotic resistant.