Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Rail~Volution: 2009 conference in Boston

Registered
    Aug 2009

Rail~Volution: 2009 conference in Boston

So I'm currently helping to organize the 15th annual Rail~Volution conference this fall in Boston.
    It's a four day affair featuring mobile workshops, charrettes, case studies, symposia, and speakers from the state governments, the Obama administration, private development, and community organizations. The conference focuses on how transit policy can be a tool for economic development, social justice, and environmental protection.

We're expecting about 1,000 guests, from urban planning, real estate development, community advocacy, academia, and the public sector.

Has anyone been to a Rail~Volution conference before? Is anybody interested in this one? I'd be happy to provide additional information on the conference.
    There are also a number of scholarship and homestay options available, especially if you're a student or work or volunteer for a non-profit or community-based organization.

Registered
    Jan 2008
    Will any sessions qualify for AICP Certification Maint?

Registered
    Aug 2009
    Whoops, sorry this is a week late, but yes we're expecting MOST sessions to earn AICP credits.
    We're still in the process of getting the actual certification from the AICP, but all of our previous conferences over the past 14 years have easily qualified for AICP credit.

We just submitted our paperwork last week, so hopefully I'll be able to be more specific within a couple weeks. In particular, though, the mobile tours should all qualify, as each has at least one tour guide/instructor from AICP.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 128
    Last post: 15 Apr 2011, 4:44 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 25 Sep 2009, 3:05 PM
  3. APA Texas Chapter conference 2009
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 28 Jul 2009, 9:35 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 21 Nov 2008, 8:02 PM