Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hello from NYC, and potential Urban Planner

Registered
    Aug 2009

Hello from NYC, and potential Urban Planner

Hello All,

I am like I said a potential Urban Planner, I am looking into the field of International Economic and Community Development. I decided to just this community because I think it is a great way to learn more about the field and also perhaps have some of us answer my questions about what is or is not possible in the field of planning for me.

Currently I am looking into Planning schools that has a program that is focused on the developing world. I would like to study planning and research into the potential and possibility of using Wind, Solar and Hydro electric to bring power to cities in Africa and in turn using that electric to increase the earning potential of those cities. Like for example enabling places without electric to open factories or increase output to help encourage economic development of communities.

I am looking to learn more about my ideas and if it is practical. I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas anyone is willing to share with me. I have a long list of schools and am trying to narrow it down, but would like to

Thank you all

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from Upstate NY!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Greetings from the 'mitten' state
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Need advice for a potential future planner
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 26 Aug 2010, 2:58 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 24 Sep 2009, 9:04 AM
  3. Hello from LA/Potential Planner
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 22 Sep 2009, 9:17 PM