Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally posted by javagdss View post
    Humphrey Institute (UMN) e-mailed yesterday. First acceptance Finaid notifications should arrive by 3/15.
    I got my acceptance from the Humphrey on Friday as well. Hooray!

Will you be visiting in April?

Ad

Quote Originally posted by skeeter View post
    I haven't heard anything from either. My UIC status is still "Manual review req" and my MIchigan Wolverine access still says 'application complete'

I'm guessing things will come out in March?
    My potential faculty advisor at UM said I would probably know in late February. However, this is based on the SNRE's own timeline for review, and this is a PhD program. From what I've seen on Gradcafe, it seems every Department or School in Michigan has its own timeframe.

Potential UNC Chapel Hill Notice

Just for the heck of it I logged into my UNC Chapel Hill Application to see if there were any changes. Previously, the Last Updated field said 01/19, when they received my last transcript. Now it says: 02/15/2010 03:07:30 PM. Other UNC Chapel Hill applicants, please check and see if your app was also recently updated.

Perhaps I shall be receiving a decision soon! Even if it's bad news, I'd rather know sooner than later so I can get this waiting game over with.

Last Updated:
    02/15/2010 03:14:07 PM

01/21/2010 02:18:46 PM

Looks like it wasn't across the board...

Quote Originally posted by RainPlanner View post
    01/21/2010 02:18:46 PM

Looks like it wasn't across the board...
    Was that when they received the last document from you? Maybe they haven't gotten to all of them yet, i.e. just did the first part of the alphabet. I looked up your stats from earlier, and I would bet you are a pretty strong candidate.

About the Humphrey Institute's program (Minnesota): they said they'd have a decision by February 15th. The day's almost over, and I've heard nothing one way or the other, and yet two other people in this thread have recieved acceptance letters. I checked my application status, they have everything (transcripts, letters of rec, grad school application, etc). Wonder why I haven't heard from them?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Jazzman View post
    About the Humphrey Institute's program (Minnesota): they said they'd have a decision by February 15th. The day's almost over, and I've heard nothing one way or the other, and yet two other people in this thread have recieved acceptance letters. I checked my application status, they have everything (transcripts, letters of rec, grad school application, etc). Wonder why I haven't heard from them?
    Keep your head up high! Good luck.

UNC-CH decisions

Hey all,

The admissions decisions for UNC-CH should be out soon. I heard decisions were made the week of Feb. 1 and that most should receive word within 3 weeks. There were around 300 applicants this year.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by warderjack View post
    Just for the heck of it I logged into my UNC Chapel Hill Application to see if there were any changes. Previously, the Last Updated field said 01/19, when they received my last transcript. Now it says: 02/15/2010 03:07:30 PM. Other UNC Chapel Hill applicants, please check and see if your app was also recently updated.

Perhaps I shall be receiving a decision soon! Even if it's bad news, I'd rather know sooner than later so I can get this waiting game over with.
    Last Updated:
    02/15/2010 03:07:03 PM

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by mdk View post
    Hey all,

The admissions decisions for UNC-CH should be out soon. I heard decisions were made the week of Feb. 1 and that most should receive word within 3 weeks. There were around 300 applicants this year.
    300 applicants; holy *#$@!

Does anyone know if UNC sends notices out through email or the USPS?

UNC notices

USPS unless they changed it this year.

Quote Originally posted by NickelCityPlanner View post
    300 applicants; holy *#$@!

Does anyone know if UNC sends notices out through email or the USPS?
    Gradcafe shows someone getting accepted via USPS mailed in January:

University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (UNC) City & Regional Planning, Masters (F10) Accepted via Postal Service on 25 Jan 2010 A 12 Feb 2010 Letter was dated January 25th.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by Jazzman View post
    The Humphrey Institute sent me an acceptance e-mail around 4:30 Central Time (2:30 where I am in California) on Friday. My status on the applyyourself website did not change - they clearly haven't updated the application system website yet. So maybe you'll hear soon?

UNC Chapel Hill

Quote Originally posted by mdk View post
    There were around 300 applicants this year.
    Considering that last year there were 235 applicants last year , and the year before there were 195, that's quite an upward trajectory. I'd imagine it's a combination of the bad economy, and word getting out that they have a strong program that's very much affordable compared to the Ivies. Out of the 235 that applied last year, 71 were accepted, so if they take that same number out of 300 applicants, then the acceptance rate would be about 23-24%. I bring this up only to point out that anybody that receives unfavorable news from UNC is hardly alone.

UNC last update changed:
    02/16/2010 11:42:32 AM

Good luck to all of us. May the USPS deliver information soon so we don't have to keep trying to read into status update changes!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by djad206 View post
    I got my acceptance from the Humphrey on Friday as well. Hooray!

Will you be visiting in April?

Ad
    Congratulations!

Yep. Just need to figure out travel grants, because visiting from LA will be expensive! Are you going to visit?

Registered
    Feb 2010
    Hi,
    Itís been great having this forum as a resource throughout the whole application process. I applied to MIT, Penn, NYU, UNC, UC Berkeley, and UCLA, and so far Iíve heard back from UNC (accepted late Jan via usps). I graduated in 2007 with a Sociology major/Urban Studies minor, and have spent the last 2.5 years in various public policy, affordable housing and economic development positions and internships.

Good luck to everyone!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Just checked my app email and found out I got into the Hump a few days ago, oops! Financial aid from them is out by 3/15. Still waiting on UIC and Rutgers. UIC said decisions should be out by 3/15, and Dean Weston at Rutgers gave me the impression they'd have decisions out around the same time.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Congrats guys. I'm crossing my fingers for NYU, Cornell and Tufts.

Registered
    Jan 2008

CAL

Has anyone heard something from Berkeley? They had one of the earliest deadlines and I've yet to hear anything ...

Applied: Cal, UCLA, GA tech, UNC Chapel Hill, UPenn, MIT, Columbia

Registered
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally posted by corncob06 View post
    Has anyone heard something from Berkeley? They had one of the earliest deadlines and I've yet to hear anything ...

Applied: Cal, UCLA, GA tech, UNC Chapel Hill, UPenn, MIT, Columbia
    Based on past experience and observation, in-state applicants to Berkeley will probably start getting notified towards the end of the month. Out of state applicants will probably hear back in mid-March

And for those of you anxiously waiting to hear from MIT, don't be anxious. Application reviews have just started and those lucky few who are admitted will get phone calls from faculty likely starting the week of the 15th (so it will be another month before notifications start flowing)
    "Try to be in two incredibly successful bands. If not, that's okay." -- Words to live by, courtesy of Dave Grohl

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009

OSU

Hey, buddies who have been admitted to Ohio State, do you know when is the deadline for accepting/declining their admission?

Okay, it's coming down to the wire here... just saw a post on Gradcafe of someone being accepted into "my" program at Michigan and now I'm nervous as hell because I know notification is coming any day now.

Has anyone else gotten an invite to the UNC Open House?

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 3:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 5:13 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last post: 12 May 2012, 4:29 AM
  4. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 7:59 PM