Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Congrats on your acceptance to Irvine, Banter!

Quote Originally posted by javagdss View post
    The Humphrey Institute sent me an acceptance e-mail around 4:30 Central Time (2:30 where I am in California) on Friday. My status on the applyyourself website did not change - they clearly haven't updated the application system website yet. So maybe you'll hear soon?

I e-mailed them today inquiring about why I haven't recieved word even though Feb 15th has come and gone. They told me that they are still reviewing applications due to an overwhelming number of applicants this year and that they are going to notify me of my admission status by Feb 26th. So we have one more week. Still keeping my fingers crossed, Minnesota's program interests me since it's policy-based, not to mention the fact that I love the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally posted by planr View post
    Based on past experience and observation, in-state applicants to Berkeley will probably start getting notified towards the end of the month. Out of state applicants will probably hear back in mid-March

And for those of you anxiously waiting to hear from MIT, don't be anxious. Application reviews have just started and those lucky few who are admitted will get phone calls from faculty likely starting the week of the 15th (so it will be another month before notifications start flowing)
    Oh MIT would call admits??? that's nice!
    But I am now in a foreign country...doubt if they would call.

Actually I don't know why they'd sent out letters instead of just e-mails...
    also for Harvard...both would send decision letters but not e-mails.
    weird..

do you think i should just ask them about my status in early april if i haven't got any letter from them?

Registered
    Feb 2010

UCLA email

Just received an acceptance to UCLA.

Tonight I got an email saying "A decision has been made on your application for Urban Planning for Fall 2010" with a link to the decision status page. When I logged in there was a scanned letter dated 2/17. I applied just before the 12/15 fellowship deadline.

Registered
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally posted by wrongaccount View post
    Oh MIT would call admits??? that's nice!
    But I am now in a foreign country...doubt if they would call.

Actually I don't know why they'd sent out letters instead of just e-mails...
    also for Harvard...both would send decision letters but not e-mails.
    weird..

do you think i should just ask them about my status in early april if i haven't got any letter from them?
    Professors usually try to call students who are overseas. Two of my American classmates who were in Mongolia and Rwanda respectively received calls (or voicemails) at their local number and I know most of my Chinese classmates also received calls in Beijing, Shanghai or wherever they were at the tie.

I think for any school, if you do not hear anything by April 1st, then you can start emailing and calling.
    "Try to be in two incredibly successful bands. If not, that's okay." -- Words to live by, courtesy of Dave Grohl

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally posted by OakPlanner View post
    Just received an acceptance to UCLA.

Tonight I got an email saying "A decision has been made on your application for Urban Planning for Fall 2010" with a link to the decision status page. When I logged in there was a scanned letter dated 2/17. I applied just before the 12/15 fellowship deadline.
    Congrats, OakPlanner!

Registered
    Feb 2010
    Thanks burningcoin. Good luck with the rest of your schools!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010

i got accepted.

Yesterday, I got accepted into the University of Waterloo in the Master of Arts in Planning grad program.

Congrats!

On another note, I can shed some light on the UNC Open House e-mail. The e-mail went out to all applicants who are either admitted or are still under consideration for admission. Also, they will not be able to let everyone know the status of their application before Open House.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by RainPlanner View post
    Congrats!

On another note, I can shed some light on the UNC Open House e-mail. The e-mail went out to all applicants who are either admitted or are still under consideration for admission. Also, they will not be able to let everyone know the status of their application before Open House.
    Thanks for the info and congrats, RainPlanner. I wonder when I'll receive my official rejection letter.

Registered
    Aug 2009

University of Cincinnati

Just got an invite to the University of Cincinnati's information session for the School of Planning. Did anyone else apply there or get this notice?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009

Anyone hear from Penn?

Did anyone hear from Penn today? I saw on gradcafe that a few people got e-mail notices of acceptance...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    I got an acceptance email from Penn today. I am very excited! Finaid and housing info (like I'm gonna live on campus) to follow.

Registered
    Feb 2010
    Haven't been checking out grad cafe but I got the Penn email this afternoon.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Congrats guys! What time did you get the e-mail?

Registered
    Feb 2010
    I got the email at 12:30pm PST.

Registered
    Feb 2010

PennDesign

I also got an e-mail acceptance from Penn today. Very rapid turnaround—they had the latest deadline of any school I applied to.

OakPlanner, since you're on a roll with the acceptances (congrats!), if you don't mind sharing, what are your stats/background?

Has anyone heard back from Rutgers yet?

Also, for those who were accepted at Ohio State, have you heard back about funding yet?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Did the Penn e-mail say how many applicants there were or anything else?

Just got the rejection letter in the mail from UNC.

OSU: Accepted
    UNC: Rejected
    Rutgers: Still waiting
    GA Tech: Still waiting
    Clemson: Still waiting

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009

Also in at Penn

I also got the e-mail from Penn today, this afternoon at 1:30 PST. They didn't say anything about how many applicants there were except that they had a record number of applicants this year, but they did say this was "early notice," so this probably is just the first round of professors giving their OKs? They said more formal notification (as well as financial aid information) would come mid to late March, so there's still a lot of time left for more decisions.

This is really fast turnaround from the school. I turned in my application right before it was due on Feb. 1.
    Last edited by judyblume; 19 Feb 2010 at 7:36 PM. Reason: typo

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally posted by jhawkins View post
    Has anyone heard back from Rutgers yet?

Also, for those who were accepted at Ohio State, have you heard back about funding yet?
    No word on funding yet, jhawkins. Sorry to hear about UNC, though it looks like you've got quite a few schools to hear back from still...that's exciting!

Wow, congrats again, OakPlanner—you are on a roll! (And everyone else as well!)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2009

Penn Yesterday

I got in to Penn yesterday. It was a nice email from Landis, with more info to follow. I'm so glad it worked out b/c I only applied to 3 schools (still waiting on Tufts and Harvard)...

To those who got in to Penn yesterday: where is it on your list? What specialty are you thinking about? Planning on going to the open house in April?

I'm going in to Environmental Planning and I applied (and assumed I got, although am unsure) to the Land Use/Preservation certificate.

Good luck to all!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2009
    It was 3:02 EST yesterday...

+ Reply to thread
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 2:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 4:13 PM