Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Congrats everyone on the recent UPenn acceptances!

I wonder how many rounds there are.....

Quote Originally posted by crimeasart View post
    No word from UPenn Historic Preservation yet, seems to be taking them a while.

So far

Accepted:
    Columbia HP (waiting to hear from planning for dual degree)
    Rutgers Planning
    UPenn Planning (waiting to hear from HP for dual)

Rejected:
    Cornell HP....but possibly still waiting to hear on planning, the application had vague language about being considered for alternate degree....

Still waiting:
    Hunter
    MIT

Livingproof, did you hear back from any of your schools yet?
    Not one. Getting very antsy. UT Austin said they hoped to have decisions out this week.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    I called UCLA around 2pm today, spoke to Jennifer, and she told me that I got accepted! Whoohoo.

Also, I emailed UPenn regarding travel reimbursements and they said that there would be no reimbursements. Guess I won't be going...

Registered
    Dec 2008

Still Waiting

Applied to only one school, UCLA. March 15th is coming close

Quote Originally posted by WCPlanner View post
    Also, I emailed UPenn regarding travel reimbursements and they said that there would be no reimbursements. Guess I won't be going...
    Travel reimbursements are pretty rare for Master's students, so it shouldn't come as a big surprise that they don't offer it. That being said, I'd strongly recommend you find the money (or room on your credit card) to take a quick trip if you are serious about them, or any school for that matter. A few school visits have helped inform my decision making when it came time to apply, so I wouldn't be quick to discount doing them for an open house at a school that you have been accepted to, unless of course it conflicts with an open house of some other program that you prefer.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Congratulations to this latest round of acceptances.

Feels good!

Ad

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by WCPlanner View post
    Hi All!

Did anyone get financial information from USC?
    I got another big envelope about it yesterday--Dean's Merit Scholarship, full tuition!! Feels strange. Anyone going to their little event at the end of the month?
    Last edited by whyxbotherx; 03 Mar 2010 at 9:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add stuff

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010

usc dean's merit

I just received a large bundle in the mail from USC, with notification that I received the SPPD dean's merit full ride scholarship.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by warderjack View post
    I called up the DCRP at Cal Berkeley to see when they would be sending out admissions notices. Yeri told me that they will be sending out emails next week.

I called up PPPM at the University of Oregon to see when they will make decisions on applicants for the Master of Community & Regional Planning program. The admissions committee will meet on Friday and letters will be mailed out next week. I know there aren't too many other people that applied there, but I figured that this information would be helpful for those of us that did.
    Thank you - I applied to both of these, so this information is very helpful! Do you know what sort of funding/scholarships PPPM offers? I don't expect to get into Berkeley, but Eugene is awesome and I'd love to live there.

Quote Originally posted by whyxbotherx View post
    I got another big envelope about it yesterday--Dean's Merit Scholarship, full tuition!! Feels strange. Anyone going to their little event at the end of the month?
    See you there! Congrats to those of you who got full tuition

University of Oregon PPPM

Quote Originally posted by javagdss View post
    Thank you - I applied to both of these, so this information is very helpful! Do you know what sort of funding/scholarships PPPM offers? I don't expect to get into Berkeley, but Eugene is awesome and I'd love to live there.
    Yes, Eugene is awesome, and since it's a tough year to be applying to graduate school, it's a lot more likely that I will go there than I originally thought. As far as funding/scholarships, I suspect that there really won't be much if anything offered. I plan on calling up PPPM next week to try to find out more about that. I do know that GTF positions (called TA elsewhere) are rarely offered to incoming students, but it's not hard to apply for them in terms after your first one. I'm seeing somebody that's going there for a Master's degree in another field and from what I have gathered it's possible to GTF for classes that aren't necessarily in your program of study. That being the case, it means there's quite a bit of potential to pick up a GTF position in other departments.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    warderjack, thanks for the advice.

I am probably gonna visit, but would have definitely been more inclined to if they reimbursed it. Either way, I'm looking into it. I should really ask if I can at least stay overnight since same day flights back to CA are hard to find.

Got the Deans Scholarship from USC but am probably not going to the little gathering due to schedule conflicts. Have any of you decided to go to USC for sure?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010

USC Admits

Apparently USC has only sent admissions notices to people who received the Dean's Merit Scholarship. So those of you still waiting, there's still hope!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally posted by javagdss View post
    Apparently USC has only sent admissions notices to people who received the Dean's Merit Scholarship. So those of you still waiting, there's still hope!

You just made a shitty week bearable. Thanks for that.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by skeeter View post
    You just made a shitty week bearable. Thanks for that.
    Glad I could help And best of luck to you!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Man, waiting to get accepted is one thing.

waiting on funding is another...wow

waitlisted at cornell via email just now. anyone else?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Wait listed at Cornell. I'll take it.

I am wondering if there is going to be another wave of acceptances at Rutgers, or if they are just mailing out rejection letters and haven't done so yet. I have been checking frequently since a few folks on here got the acceptance email, and I still haven't received notification one way or the other, and my status on the website still says No Decision.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Waiting list! I'm actually happy about it.

Quote Originally posted by jhawkins View post
    I am wondering if there is going to be another wave of acceptances at Rutgers, or if they are just mailing out rejection letters and haven't done so yet. I have been checking frequently since a few folks on here got the acceptance email, and I still haven't received notification one way or the other, and my status on the website still says No Decision.
    after that wave of acceptances (i didnt hear back), i emailed them and they said they were still reviewing apps.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by xjohnparkx View post
    waitlisted at cornell via email just now. anyone else?
    Wait-listed at Cornell as well!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by jhawkins View post
    Looking at the dates from last year on gradcafe, there were at least 3 different waves of acceptances from Rutgers over a few weeks, so I wouldn't assume anything at this point.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Starting to get nervous about Cornell. Anyone get any acceptances or rejections? Or just waitlists so far?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by inky crash View post
    Looking at the dates from last year on gradcafe, there were at least 3 different waves of acceptances from Rutgers over a few weeks, so I wouldn't assume anything at this point.
    I take that back, it looks like there were at least *2* waves.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2009
    Quote Originally posted by JLedewitz View post
    Congrats all! I'm in as well. Trying to figure out how to visit... I'm in Japan until April 12, so... open houses are tough. But woohoo for decisions!
    Congrats JLedewitz! What did I tell you about giving up hope?

+ Reply to thread
Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 2:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 4:13 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last post: 12 May 2012, 3:29 AM
  4. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 6:59 PM