Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Add me to the list of Cornell wait-listees. Does anyone know if theirs is a ranked waitlist?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Anyone heard acceptances or rejections from Cornell?

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Add me to the list of apparently thousands on the Cornell waitlist. Hooray!

Registered
    Mar 2010

PSU and UW

Any idea when these decisions will be made and how?

Registered
    Jan 2010
    I've been following this forum for quite a while, and am ready to make my first post!

Waitlisted at Cornell
    Accepted at USC with Dean's Merit Scholarship
    Accepted at UCI

I called UCLA about 15 minutes ago to ask if a decision was made for my application... she asked for my first and last name, and after what seemed like forever, came back and told me no decision has been made and that I should hear next week.

Did Jennifer outright tell anyone over the phone that they were rejected? Hahah, I think she just didn't have the guts to tell me.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    I'd be curious to know the # of applications last year vs admits vs enrolls at Cornell. It seems like the school people want to go to, and rightly so. The program sounds amazing.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by skeeter View post
    I'd be curious to know the # of applications last year vs admits vs enrolls at Cornell. It seems like the school people want to go to, and rightly so. The program sounds amazing.
    240 - 137 - 58.

That's according to ACSP Urban & Regional Planning Guide - 15th Edition.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally posted by WPGHSC View post
    240 - 137 - 58.

Gracias.

I've been reading posts on this forum for awhile now, and I thought that I should post myself. I am a computer science major with a 3.4 GPA and absolutely no planning experience, and I got into two programs already. For all those of you who are freaking out, don't lose hope. You never know what admissions committees are looking for....hang in there!

Accepted:
    Rutgers
    Florida Atlantic University

Waiting for:
    NYU
    USC
    UNC
    Cal Poly SLO

Quote Originally posted by bel View post
    Any idea when these decisions will be made and how?
    Based upon last year, we should be notified via mail about the decisions. You should receive notice from Portland State the week of the 15th. As for U Washington, it appears that some people will receive notification that week, but could come a week after.

This is tough for me because UW is probably the school I want to go to the most, yet it's one of the latest to notify!

240 - 137 - 58.

Any idea what those stats are for USC? Also is this referring to Masters or PhD programs?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    USC Masters: 151 - 105 - 36
    USC Ph.D.: 78 - 20 -15

I'm looking for the link to the PDF right now.

EDIT: Here's the link to page http://www.acsp.org/education_guide/overview
    Last edited by WPGHSC; 04 Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM. Reason: adding link

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    THANK YOU for sharing this! I didn't realize there was a free grad school guide - just the Planetizen one.

USC Masters: 151 - 105 - 36
    USC Ph.D.: 78 - 20 -15

I'm looking for the link to the PDF right now.

Thanks so much! I also didn't know about this resource.

Registered
    Aug 2009
    Waitlisted at Cornell.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by javagdss View post
    THANK YOU for sharing this! I didn't realize there was a free grad school guide - just the Planetizen one.
    javagdss, could you contact me about that planetizen guide (dwdaddio at gmail)?

Quote Originally posted by warderjack View post
    Based upon last year, we should be notified via mail about the decisions. You should receive notice from Portland State the week of the 15th. As for U Washington, it appears that some people will receive notification that week, but could come a week after.

This is tough for me because UW is probably the school I want to go to the most, yet it's one of the latest to notify!
    Last week Krista Bargsten from U Washington indicated that they expect to be sending out decisions by early April.

University of Washington

Quote Originally posted by PlannyMcPlan View post
    Last week Krista Bargsten from U Washington indicated that they expect to be sending out decisions by early April.
    I bet that they lose good prospective students by sending notifications so late in the game, especially if they notify close to the April 15 deadline. I think I will give her a call the week of March 15th to see how soon before the first batch of notifications hits.

Registered
    Feb 2010
    I've been watching this forum post for a few weeks now. Thought I would introduce myself.

Just called UCLA and spoke to Jennifer based on recommendations here. She let me know the good news - I've been accepted!! Didn't ask about funding since that is unlikely. She said a letter should be coming in the mail shortly. My online status has not yet changed, still has info about 2009. She says there will be an admit day on April 7th. I am still waiting on USC, Berkeley, MIT, Columbia, NYU, Pratt. I went to college at UCLA and this was definitely one of my top choices.

Here are my stats: 3.71 GPA. 1190 GRE (680Q/510V/5.5A). 2 1/2 years work experience in community development. Public Housing research program and museum internship in DC. I was worried my GRE score (very low verbal) would be a real road block but I guess not!

Thanks to everyone who posts on here for all the information - it is great to know so many other people are in the same boat as me during this admissions process.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Congrats on the acceptances everyone!

After an agonizing wait, I've heard back from my first program--I've been accepted at the University of British Columbia! Got an e-mail this afternoon at around 5pm Pacific Time.

Best of luck, everyone. For those of you that still haven't heard from any schools, keep the faith!

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by skeeter View post
    I was just wait-listed there as well. However, I know someone (Historical Preservation grad) who told me their faculty is going through a huge shift right now. Many of their professors are gonna be retiring at the same time, so pretty soon their faculty is gonna be rather scarce.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    For anyone interested in OSU or thinking of visiting, I spoke to Maria Manta Conroy and she said that the open house will be on April 5.

Congrats to everyone who's gotten into UPenn, Rutgers, Cornell, UBC, USC, and UCLA! (I'm probably missing some in there.)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Has a single person gotten an outright acceptance or rejection from Cornell yet?

I think there was someone earlier in the thread who got accepted to historic preservation, but that was it. I guess that they've only sent out the waitlist notices for planning and nothing else yet?

Registered
    Dec 2008

Question

Quick q: are rejections usually sent through e-mail?

The reason I ask: I received a response from an adcom personnel stating that no decision has been made on my application, and that I should accept an e-mail this or next week.

Agh, it's a Freudian slip! No letter? Waahhhh.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Has anyone received rejections from USC or Rutgers?

+ Reply to thread
Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 3:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 5:13 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last post: 12 May 2012, 4:29 AM
  4. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 7:59 PM