Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by javagdss View post
    I think that one is a fake. Neither the site we uploaded our supplemental documents to nor the university online application site seem set up to delivery an admissions decision. I suspect they'll just e-mail us directly. Also, what about the person on GradCafe who claims to have been admitted by phone on 1/29?

Edit: Hmm. Maybe I was wrong to call them a fake right away. "to the one who asked the question - I received an email saying that my admissions status had changed. I logged into the Graduate Division website, and on the left hand tool bar under "Main Menu" there is a new link called "decision notification" which linked me to the rest. good luck!"
    hmm... i still am leaning toward bullshit. i've applied using that same application website design before (once upon a time for phd programs), and i've never seen a decision notification button added after the fact. often there is an update/correspondence/status tab, but this website doesn't include the functionality and i was told by yeri that an email will be sent.

i'm not going to worry until toward the end of friday, when i will be making a call. i'm really trying to figure out if i need to travel to my open houses elsewhere, and so am a bit flustered by this wait.

cheers.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by WPGHSC View post
    Speaking of which, will Cornell finally release acceptances/rejections?!
    Yeah. Didn't someone on the board mention late February at one point? I guess they've already established that everyone's invited to the open house. I just got the itinerary e-mail for that weekend. Anyone expect to be there?

Quote Originally posted by hiphip27 View post
    Has anyone heard from Virginia Tech yet? According to gradcafe, they've already sent out at least a few acceptances, but I'd be interested to find out if anyone knows anything about financial aid.
    I also received an admission letter from Virginia Tech a few days ago (and online status changed a few before that).

Letter from the grad school says to "contact your department directly regarding assistantships and other funding opportunities," so I emailed the department. Got an autoreply from the person handling all inquiries stating that she will be out of the office until next Monday.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Speaking of which, will Cornell finally release acceptances/rejections?!
    It would be nice to know.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by javagdss View post
    Edit: Hmm. Maybe I was wrong to call them a fake right away. "to the one who asked the question - I received an email saying that my admissions status had changed. I logged into the Graduate Division website, and on the left hand tool bar under "Main Menu" there is a new link called "decision notification" which linked me to the rest. good luck!"
    Does that mean that you got your final decision from Berkeley? When did you received this email?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    @above: no, that's a quote from thegradcafe.com

furthermore, about uc berkeley, would it be feasible that no one on here would have posted about an acceptance? that's frankly a bit hard to believe, as there are some excellent candidates about.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally posted by judyblume View post
    Yeah. Didn't someone on the board mention late February at one point? I guess they've already established that everyone's invited to the open house. I just got the itinerary e-mail for that weekend. Anyone expect to be there?
    I'll be there, but no email. Katie said she'd send it out closer to the date. Now I'm going to be compulsively checking my inbox.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    I just spoke to Cornell admission director and she mentioned that they haven't notified anyone yet regarding acceptance/rejection, but they will do send out either TOMORROW or BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK!!! both through e-mail and snail mail, so we should probably know through e-mail first! Can't wait!!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    someone should call yeri @ berkeley and get an update on notifications -- i would, but i've already done it once and am working on saving our fair city (or checking this f'ing site compulsively).

Quote Originally posted by radio View post
    someone should call yeri @ berkeley and get an update on notifications -- i would, but i've already done it once and am working on saving our fair city (or checking this f'ing site compulsively).
    this thread should have a twitter feed...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by xesthurx View post
    I just spoke to Cornell admission director and she mentioned that they haven't notified anyone yet regarding acceptance/rejection, but they will do send out either TOMORROW or BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK!!! both through e-mail and snail mail, so we should probably know through e-mail first! Can't wait!!
    Thank you!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by skeeter View post
    I'll be there, but no email. Katie said she'd send it out closer to the date. Now I'm going to be compulsively checking my inbox.
    I'll be there, too. And, no e-mail.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    I'll be there, too. And, no e-mail.
    Part of the super cool waitlist crew?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by skeeter View post
    Part of the super cool waitlist crew?
    Yep. Super cool

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Cornell = tease. Got that email too thinking... mebbe? Nope, just "reminder of our open house.." that I can't attend

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally posted by philconnors View post
    I also received an admission letter from Virginia Tech a few days ago (and online status changed a few before that).

Letter from the grad school says to "contact your department directly regarding assistantships and other funding opportunities," so I emailed the department. Got an autoreply from the person handling all inquiries stating that she will be out of the office until next Monday.
    I can give you some insight on how the admissions process worked last year at VT... I doubt it's changed much. In early March, I received a letter from the graduate school saying I had been accepted and to await word from the dept. On March 17, I received an email from the grad coordinator saying I had been accepted to the MURP program and that funding decisions would be made soon; a PDF letter from the dept. head was attached as well. On March 24 I got another email from the grad. coordinator with my assistantship offer and contract attached. A few days after each email, I received hard copies of the attached docs in the mail.

I hope this helps. I know they received a record number of apps this year and acceptances are down slightly from last year. To those of you already accepted, congratulations! And good luck to those of you still waiting to hear.
    Process and dismissal. Shelter and location. Everybody wants somewhere.

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally posted by KatieMayerson View post
    Today I received the admit letter from UCLA in the mail like Jennifer said I would. Just a note to those who are waiting for it to come in the mail rather than call...it comes in a small envelope! So don't get discouraged if you see the small envelope in the mail box or your roommate tells you about it when you're not home!
    Weird, I'm in San Francisco too and didn't get mine. Maybe today! I did do a dual with M.Arch, so maybe I'm in a different pile.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2009
    I woke up this morning and literally the first thought I had was, "It's almost noon in Ithaca. Maybe someone will have actually heard from Cornell today." Then I roll over, check my blackberry, and there is this email. In a hazy I just woke up kind of way, I read it twice sure I missed the "Congratulations!" at the beginning. Of course, I didn't.

@JLedewitz, I agree--Cornell is the biggest tease there is. At least with MIT they don't keep hinting and then not following through.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Just received this from UPenn

We are currently evaluating applications and will be making decisions in the next few weeks. On March 22 after 12 noon EST, you can log back into your online application and view your notification letter. In the meantime, if you are applying for financial aid, be sure to submit your FAFSA or Penn International Financial Aid Application if you haven't done so already.

Sincerely,
    Joan Weston
    Director of Admissions
    School of Design
    University of Pennsylvania

Does this mean we wont be getting my official letter of acceptance in the mail? And would financial aid will be released too?

Registered
    Feb 2010

ucla

Quote Originally posted by arcadius View post
    Weird, I'm in San Francisco too and didn't get mine. Maybe today! I did do a dual with M.Arch, so maybe I'm in a different pile.
    I'm in SF and I got mine yesterday. But a friend in the East Bay hasn't gotten anything yet. I also got the email from the grad dept at midnight telling me to check my status on the website and when I logged in there was a generic graduate division acceptance letter.

KatieMayerson-did your letter mention anything about funding? Are you going to the open house?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by WCPlanner View post

We are currently evaluating applications and will be making decisions in the next few weeks. On March 22 after 12 noon EST, you can log back into your online application and view your notification letter. In the meantime, if you are applying for financial aid, be sure to submit your FAFSA or Penn International Financial Aid Application if you haven't done so already.

Sincerely,
    Joan Weston
    Director of Admissions
    School of Design

Does this mean we wont be getting my official letter of acceptance in the mail? And would financial aid will be released too?

I got it too. Seems like a generic "don't bother us until March 22" thing they probably sent to everyone.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by WCPlanner View post

Sincerely,
    Joan Weston
    Director of Admissions
    School of Design

I got this email too. The weird part is that I also got the email on 2/19 from John Landis saying I had already been accepted. I am hoping that this was just an automatic email blast to all applicants, regardless of decision status. Anyway, I will certainly be checking on 3/22!

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Anyone planning to attend UCLA's Open House?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally posted by hiphip27 View post
    I got it too. Seems like a generic "don't bother us until March 22" thing they probably sent to everyone.
    Pretty much, I responded back (!!) with an updated resume

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally posted by josiesposies View post
    I got this email too. The weird part is that I also got the email on 2/19 from John Landis saying I had already been accepted. I am hoping that this was just an automatic email blast to all applicants, regardless of decision status. Anyway, I will certainly be checking on 3/22!
    I got accepted a week ago and also received it. I think they must have sent to to every single PennDesign applicant, I agree that it was probably meant to be a "we're busy, quit bugging us" missive.

+ Reply to thread
Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 2:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 4:13 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last post: 12 May 2012, 3:29 AM
  4. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 6:59 PM