Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 69 78 79
Results 1,951 to 1,967 of 1967

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Registered
    May 2010
    Most likely. Budget cuts are ruining just about everything for the CSUs.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by ZDG View post
    When did you apply?

They send out rejection notices if you didn't get in right? I sort of want to know so I can plan ahead. All this waiting is killing me.
    I applied at the end of January, with all of my supporting documents and letters submitted days later. I found the application process at Cal Poly Pomona to be incredibly frustrating. It seemed that no one was willing or able to give a straight answer about the status of my application. Perhaps it was too much to expect an e-mail or a real letter like I received from other schools letting me know what was going on and when to expect things to happen, but I at least wanted a real answer when I asked. After numerous calls to Cal Poly Pomona during this decision season, I was told by the Admissions Office that I would find out in April, and then May, and then because of the large number of applicants, June! I had been told before by the department that my application was in the Admission Office's hands, and then the Admissions Office would tell me it was with the department. They also told me to check the student portal, but even now, my status says that my application is under review. I've already accepted an offer from another school so I guess it does me no good to get up on a soap box about this. However, it irritates me how unfriendly their application process was, and that even after telling me that their program is full, they're not letting applicants know.

Registered
    May 2010
    Yeah, I agree, Pomona is being really irritating. I have tried to call the department several times to get questions answered, and they don't pick up their phones. And it's really frustrating to me that they would just let me apply and go along thinking "la dee da maybe i'll get in" when they potentially stopped admitting people weeks or even months ago!

Registered
    May 2010
    Thanks for the analysis, Khybur. Like I said before, I wonder if budget cuts have anything to do with it. When I met with the graduate coordinator all the way back in November of 2009, he did mention that budget cuts might affect enrollment, but he didn't know how yet.

The two classes I sat in on were really cool. I guess that since I sent in my application last year that I should probably count out Cal Poly and step up the job search. There's always next year! Haha. Maybe the economy will turn around by then.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Has anybody received an update from Hunter College?

Anybody accepted from the waitlist? Or, for those initially admitted, were you given a deadline to respond?

Registered
    May 2010
    I emailed Cal Poly Pomona's MURP grad coordinator today asking him what the situation was, and his response was as follows:

"Until we have settled some budget questions we have closed the Fall applications. We hope to accept a few more students but have to wait."

So technically they are only closed for the moment, with the possibility still existing that some additional students will be admitted at some point in the future.

Registered
    May 2010
    I knew it. Hopefully this article means more spots open up.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/state...al-budget.html

Officials in the Cal State University system are praising a budget proposal by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger that increases funding by $365.6 million...

CSUF spokeswoman Paula Selleck said that if the proposal is accepted, potentially 29,000 students could get off the wait list and gain entry into the Cal State system's rolls.

"We don't really know what's going to happen," she said. "If indeed the budget is restored, that bodes well for those students on the wait list."
    I would imagine Cal Poly would see a few thousand more admitted if the budget is restored.

Registered
    May 2010
    Well, THAT'S a positive development.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally posted by dahlia View post
    Has anybody received an update from Hunter College?

Anybody accepted from the waitlist? Or, for those initially admitted, were you given a deadline to respond?
    The deadline I was given was last Friday (the 21st), so they should be going through and figuring out their numbers this week. Best of luck!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    i remember when this thread would grow by a few posts every minute.

ahhh the good old days

Registered
    May 2010
    Now it's just us stragglers who think there's still hope

Registered
    May 2010
    My Pomona app moved from "Ready for Review" status to "Academic Review" status. So I guess they're at least doing something with it now...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Cambridge

It's been quite some time since I visited this thread!

Just got accepted to Cambridge's MPhil in Planning, Growth & Regeneration.

Registered
    May 2010
    Bah, I wish I had decided to apply earlier. I don't really want to wait another year to start a master's program.

Registered
    May 2010
    Interesting that Cal Poly continues to stay mum about this whole thing, but the budget didn't pass anyway and I've accepted an admission to a different graduate program I applied to. So urban planning is not in my future

Registered
    Jul 2010
    I'm still waiting to hear whether or not i've got into Ohio State and thus I am asking everyone about my chances of getting accepted or not as I've been rejected by the two other uni's that i've applied to.

I finished my forth and final year studying forensic science at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) in Cambridge, to which I received a first in forensic science (which is a roughly equivalent to a 3.7 to 4.0 unweighted GPA).

GRE - 1110

Work experience includes working as a Laboratory Technician in which I utilized ICP-MS and ICP-OES to analyze the metal concentrations within water samples.

My current job is working as a sample technician producing prototype catalytic converters.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Steelbacks View post
    I'm still waiting to hear whether or not i've got into Ohio State and thus I am asking everyone about my chances of getting accepted or not as I've been rejected by the two other uni's that i've applied to.

I finished my forth and final year studying forensic science at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) in Cambridge, to which I received a first in forensic science (which is a roughly equivalent to a 3.7 to 4.0 unweighted GPA).

GRE - 1110

Work experience includes working as a Laboratory Technician in which I utilized ICP-MS and ICP-OES to analyze the metal concentrations within water samples.

My current job is working as a sample technician producing prototype catalytic converters.
    Steelbacks, good luck! I can make no assumptions about your likelihood of being accepted, but I hope you get in. If so, I'll see you come fall (or winter).

+ Reply to thread
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 69 78 79

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 3:33 AM
  2. Replies: 587
    Last post: 01 Apr 2014, 5:13 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last post: 12 May 2012, 4:29 AM
  4. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 7:59 PM