+ Reply to thread

Thread: Getting on with the neighbours

Registered
    Mar 2009

Getting on with the neighbours

I was lucky enough to have this sent to me by email

February 27, 2009
    Written By: NobblySan

A town councillor in Wales, Mark Easton, had a beautiful view of the mountains, until a new neighbour purchased the land below his house and built a new home.

The new home was 18 inches higher than the planning dept had approved, so Mark Easton, mad about his lost view, went to the local authority to make sure they enforced the roof line height.
    The new neighbour had to drop the roof height, at great expense.

Recently, Mark Easton called the planning dept, and informed them that his new neighbour had installed some vents on the side of his new property.

Mark didnít like the look of these vents and asked the planning dept to investigate.

When they went to Markís home to see what the vents looked like, this is what they found

[URL="http://madhatters.me.uk/2009/02/27/getting-on-with-the-neighbours/"[/URL] 2009

Registered
    Nov 2006
    My late father, an old time farmer, always said that if you wanted the view out your front window to stay the same "forever", then you better be prepared to buy the land across the street (which he did). I have always been amazed when urban/suburban people move to the country, buy two acre lots that abut somebody's woodlot or hayfield, and then scream bloody murder when the owner of said woodlot or hayfield develops it a while later. Why some people think that only they have the right to buy land in the country and put a house on it????

Kudos to Mr Easton's neighbor ... at least he has a sense of humor. Some of the rednecks down in the Southern Tier where I live would do some really nasty, malicious things -- with much less provocation.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    This actually happend in Riverton, Utah. Don't know where 'Wales' came from.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 30 Nov 2010, 11:38 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 16 Feb 2000, 1:45 PM