+ Reply to thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22

Thread: Top 15 high tech metros: Miliken Institute

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Oh yeah.....

Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I am on facebook as well, Tho I wish TO would stop giving me strippers for my city. My pastor is one of my friends, and it is a little embarassing.
    I've started to compensate for that by upping the Gynecologist:Stripper ratio to 1:1
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Had a similar issue when I bought a house and then the county revaluation hit the next year and had it valued $42,000 more than I paid for it. I made copies of my appraisal for the county, went it and presented that information to them and they lowered back down to within $5,000 of what it was appraised for. The main thing here is have your paperwork (and not just an opinion) and leave copies for them.
    I am already gathering copies of the appraisal from this summer and will be filling out the forms later this week!
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Our office planners (no reduced to 3 of us) were tossing around names for a streetscape beautification plan and rather than calling it beautification, we want to go with enhancement.

Than we tossed around calling it an extreme make over corridor edition.

"Flip this corridor"

"Design on a dime: Corridor Edition" where we could go replace potholes with painted sheetmetal spray painted black from a local hardware store for all under $20.

In the end we stuck with enhancement plan.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Honest, I don't want to be a backseat moderator, but perhaps many recent posts should be moved to two new topics: Facebook and RE assessment changes.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Seana View post
    Honest, I don't want to be a backseat moderator, but perhaps many recent posts should be moved to two new topics: Facebook and RE assessment changes.
    then don't. let the mods do their volunteer jobs.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Running on little sleep the past 2 nights. Tuesday night was a late hockey game, wired until 2:30am MST, then up early (as usual) Wednesday morning.
    This morning (Thursday) I was up at 4:45am MST for some reason. The dogs decided to crowd the bed, but I doubt that was what woke me. So I got up and made a huge batch of whole wheat mixed berry pancakes from scratch, read the paper, a little of my book, had a cup of earl grey.

I was up so early, the dogs didn't even want breakfast--they just hopped on my side of the bed. Last I checked, Houdini was snoring.

Random Question:
    I have about 3-4 good days of beard growth right now... should I keep it going?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Did my taxes yesterday owe the feds $29.00 getting back from the state $36.00 Sounds about perfect to me!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    my toes hurt.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post

Random Question:
    Keep it through the weekend - bet some random friend on the superbowl that if Arizona looses you'll shave it off, if they win leave it on (Otherwise you'll feel compelled to leave on through your hockey playoff run - or the Habs playoff run to Lord Stanley).

Sorry about your toes dandy. Did you kick something besides your soccerball or bf?

Mrs. P's car decided to act up this morning - think it's the starter. Oh joy.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Random Question:
    I vote for keeping it as well. I have about 3 weeks worth right now and it seems to be coming in a lot nicer than the last time I let it go this long. Now if only I could get my mustache to get thick enough so that I could make use of my mustache waw...
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Just be careful...I did this last summer and now I have a nice full beard. I'm all ready for that Planning Director gig.

What does Mrs. Zed think?

Everything is covered in ice and snow. Power is out to about 35,000 customers in the immediate region. The office is officially closed for the third straight day. The mail hasn't come since Tuesday and the paper (what's left of it, anyway) since Monday.

I have two staff reports that need to be mailed today (or hand-delivered tomorrow) for the BZA meeting Tuesday night. Mrs. G is at work but school is closed so I'm home with the kids. There's also supposed to be a presentation this afternoon of a preliminary corridor plan that I've been closely involved with.

What to do? What to do?
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    Just be careful...I did this last summer and now I have a nice full beard. I'm all ready for that Planning Director gig.

What does Mrs. Zed think?
    If I tried to grow a beard, my wife would leave me I think. At the very least, the rate of certain activities would significantly decrease.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    If I tried to grow a beard, my wife would leave me I think. At the very least, the rate of certain activities would significantly decrease.
    Last summer was the first time my wife did not require me to shave it off after a week. She actually likes it now.

Beards + icy cold weather = fun.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Sorry everybody.... the beard is gone and it feels good.

(Mrs. Zed doesn't like beards anyways).
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Took me 20 minutes to chip the ice off the windshield of the car while trying not to bust my a$$ on the skating rink of a parking lot this morning.

Traffic crawled this morning making me 30 minutes behind schedule at the court. Get set up to enter files and get a good rhythm going. Ring..."Hi this is the nurse, please come pick up Emily, she probably needs to see the doctor." Chit chit chit. I'm an hour away AND have class in the afternoon. This is going to be a banner day.

Anyone want to donate to my tuition fund for the maximum profit extraction entity that goes by the initials of RU?
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

+ Reply to thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3265
    Last post: 05 Aug 2009, 11:41 AM
  2. Replies: 1325
    Last post: 11 Mar 2009, 2:39 PM
  3. APA Info Tech Annual Tech Award
    Information Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 Nov 2004, 1:48 PM
  4. Replies: 5