Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban Planning Now! Job finding service, anybody used it?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2003

Urban Planning Now! Job finding service, anybody used it?

Has anyone used the site, [Urban Planning Now! Job Finding Service]? It states that it finds things APA, etc. cannot and for $25/year. I'm not sure if this sounds too good to be true or what, so I'm curious if anyone's got thoughts good, bad, etc. on the site.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Those job sites that charge a fee seem to just recycle postings that you can find elsewhere if you look hard enough. Can't speak for that one, but I had a "Free trial Membership" on another one that charges a fee.
    Adrift in a sea of beige

Registered
    Aug 2005
    When I was coming out of grad school in 2006 I joined Urban Planning Now. I figured for $25 bucks it might come in handy. There were some unique job listings that I couldn't find other places. I don't think I applied to any job that I found there but it was slightly helpful.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The problem is that sites like APA do not "find" jobs. A few communities are willing to pay the significant cost of advertsing positions there. You should, of course, be regularly checking stat APA chapter sites, the league of cities or municipal league, or whatever the organization is called in your target states, the state unemployment office job listings, monster, etc. I doubt there is much that you will find on the site that is not available through these free services.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Related to what Cardinal wrote: there's this post with an untold number of planning job listing sites. The post is frequently updated.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I never paid but found this link in a web search: www.urbanplanningnow.com/jobservice/firstpage.shtml

Remove this if it violates anything.
    @GigCityPlanner

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Finding out what urban planning is about
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 28 Aug 2009, 11:13 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 02 Nov 2005, 5:32 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 17 Dec 2004, 2:52 AM