Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Trouble with grad school responses

Registered
    Oct 2009

Trouble with grad school responses

Anyone else having trouble getting a school to respond to your questions? I'm working abroad right now, so I've sent emails out asking the schools if they've received my letters of rec and transcript, among other questions.

I've gotten a reply from one school in the past, but that was only after sending the same email like 3 times. Recently, I did this for my other schools, and after not receiving a reply for 2 weeks, I'm emailing them the questions again.

What's the deal here?

I've had the exact same experiences - I actually posted a similar thread a while ago about this that never got a response. I'm starting to get a little worried because some app deadlines are approaching and I'm not sure if the schools have received everything (transcripts, letters, etc), even though I mailed them weeks ago. At this point, I've e-mailed the schools so many times without a response, I'm just assuming they have all the supplemental materials.

Am in the same boat. They will be going on vacation soon too, so it'll be even worse in December.

Registered
    Jun 2009
    I've had this problem with many schools, and have found it's generally much better to simply call (depending on the school either the Graduate Admissions department or the program directly). The people aren't always friendly and helpful, but they'll normally be able to answer your questions in a timely manner..

There's this old technology called the "telephone," and, believe it or not, most schools have people willing to use them and talk to you in person.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by chocolatechip View post
    There's this old technology called the "telephone," and, believe it or not, most schools have people willing to use them and talk to you in person.
    Really? Where does one find said machine? And were one to find this 'telephone' as you call it, how would you go about unlocking its secrets?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Grad school low GPA
    Student Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Jun 2012, 2:22 PM
  2. Grad School Q's
    Student Commons
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 12 Jan 2007, 1:22 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 28 Jul 2006, 1:53 AM