Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Talk to me about UW-Madison

Talk to me about UW-Madison

The University of Wisconsin at Madison is one of the four grad programs I'm applying to right now. However, it is by far the one I know the least about. I'd like to hear more about the program from those who either have attended school there or know something about it or whatever.

How selective is the program? What are their specialities? My stats aren't that great (2.8, 1100 GPA) but I will be taking the GRE again in a couple of weeks and hopefully this semseter I'll be able to pull my GPA up to a 2.9 - 3.0 or so.

Have they accepted students into their MURP program with stats like this before or would applying there be a waste of time?

For the record, I'd like to study either land use and growth management issues or transportation planning. I'm a policy-head (seriously considered a Master's of Public Policy instead of planning) but I think it'd be interesting to study some design since I didn't get a chance to do much of that in undergrad (my B.S. is in planning as well).

Nobody knows anything?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What school? UW-Madison or UVA
    Student Commons
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 20 Apr 2013, 6:44 PM
  2. What school? UW-Madison vs. UW-Milwaukee
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 19 May 2012, 4:27 AM
  3. Replies: 3