Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Introduction: a guy from Hong Kong

Registered
    Dec 2009

Introduction: a guy from Hong Kong

Hello, everybody!

I am a typical Hong Kong-born Chinese who are now having my last year study at the University of Hong Kong for a RICS accredited Surveying degree. Currently I am considering turning myself to be a planner by taking a Master degree. I am looking for study opportunities (and perhaps even job opportunities in the future) in western countries (I know it would be weird when westerners nowadays even come to Asia to look for construction-related job opportunities, but I just love to ).

I hope I can find the information here useful for me to determine where and how I develop my career path, and I also hope that I can share my successful experience to others one day in the future!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. hi, from iowa and hong kong
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 04 Apr 2007, 2:50 PM
  2. Waterfront development in Hong Kong
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 06 Jul 2006, 8:08 AM
  3. Pedestrianizaton: how Hong Kong does it
    Design, Space, and Place