"It is tough to make predictions, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra
Those lists of predictions people make about what the distant future will be like are usually pretty droll. In 1909 'experts' might predict that all diseases would be cured, a bridge would be constructed across the Bering Straits, or that everyone would own a flying car in 100 years. Other times they get it right with uncanny accuracy and might correctly guess that planets outside the solar system would be discovered.
This thread, however, is not intended to address the distant future....but rather the not-so-distant future. The goal of this thread is to make our own predictions for what will have transpired by December 8, 2012 and then re-open this thread (presupposing there is any insitutional memory of it) and review it at that time for bragging rights and/or big chuckles. The prediction can either be world events, new technologies, events on Cyburbia (humorous or otherwise).....whatever, the sky is the limit. Ideally, your submissions should be a mix of humor and genuine prescience. No limit to the number of predictions one can make so post early and post often
I'll start.....in December 8, 2012:
- gasoline will cost $5.70 a gallon
- JNA will have joined the Clubbbbbbbbbbbbbe
- a coup will have replaced the government in Thailand.
- Obama will have recently been elected to a second term. The GOP, will have retaken control of the Senate
- kjelsadek will be a moderator
- Donald Trump will have lost his fortune
- a new country artist will have taken the charts by storm, comparable to a Garth Brooks
- high fuel prices, coupled with new technology will cause a resurgence in the popularity of dirigible airships. Most people will commute every day by blimp