Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP verification issue

     
    Registered
    Oct 2007

AICP verification issue

Having read many AICP horror stories, I'm a bit concerned about the credentials verification process. I'm planning on taking the exam in May, and I submitted my application online early last week. I sent a letter from my employer and a notarized copy of my diploma (MCRP, fully accredited) in the same envelope. When I went to the APA site to check my status, I saw that my employment letter was accepted, but there's a big empty space next to the education part.

I'm trying to make the early bird deadline, so I need to decide quickly whether to send another notarized copy of my diploma. Is it possible that whomever opened the envelope didn't realize there was another document there? Is it normal for the documents to not be verified at the same time?

Not panicking, just want to make sure all is set for me to take the exam. Thanks.

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by danthonyjr View post
    Having read many AICP horror stories, I'm a bit concerned about the credentials verification process. I'm planning on taking the exam in May, and I submitted my application online early last week. I sent a letter from my employer and a notarized copy of my diploma (MCRP, fully accredited) in the same envelope. When I went to the APA site to check my status, I saw that my employment letter was accepted, but there's a big empty space next to the education part.

I'm trying to make the early bird deadline, so I need to decide quickly whether to send another notarized copy of my diploma. Is it possible that whomever opened the envelope didn't realize there was another document there? Is it normal for the documents to not be verified at the same time?

Not panicking, just want to make sure all is set for me to take the exam. Thanks.
    Call the number or email, they are pretty quick to get back to you. I called about a question the other day and got someone on the phone that was very helpful!
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

     
    Registered
    Oct 2007
    Thanks for the tip, beach bum.

I sent an email and within five minutes of sending it, the problem was corrected.

So far, I'm finding the process to be much smoother than I thought it would be.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Verification of AICP certification
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 26 Nov 2013, 3:32 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Oct 2013, 12:14 PM
  3. Employment verification
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 11 Apr 2007, 11:49 AM