Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: Newbie from Perth, Western Australia

Registered
    Dec 2009

Newbie from Perth, Western Australia

Howdy All,

I'm a newbie on this forum. I am currently finishing up my second year of a 4 year Urban and Regional Planning Degree at Curtin University. My passion for planning is growing stronger everyday and am keen to hear peoples opinions from all over the world. Unfortunately our learnings at Curtin can be quite Perth-centri which makes me curious about the issues and planning achievments and milestones that are occuring around the globe.
    I'm travelling more and more as my funds gather, in a month I'll be visiting Toronto and hopefully NYC as well.
    Hoping to witness some great discusions

Peace

Jess

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from upstate New York!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Greetings

From Western Arizona
    I was a yes away from going to Curtin for a year back in 1992 I decided to go to graduate school instead with the same amount of money
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Welcome abroad from northeastern Wisconsin! (Wisconsin is the first USA state north of the Chicagoland area, BTW)

Anyways, why does it seem like so many Aussies want to visit northern North America during the dead of our winter - it often gets down to, like, -20 to -30C here on some winter nights.

Mike

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 03 Feb 2010, 9:09 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 15 Sep 2009, 10:53 PM
  3. Hello from Perth, Australia
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 7:02 PM
  4. Replies: 2