Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The 'It's a Wonderful Life' Thread

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    any way for non-locals to listen in? Radio theater is a rarity, I'd love my kids to hear a radio production like this.
    I believe it may be streaming on WMUK 102.1 on Dec. 23rd....I'll try to find out the specific time.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I believe it may be streaming on WMUK 102.1 on Dec. 23rd....I'll try to find out the specific time.
    Cool cool cool. I will listen in if you can tell me when. I'd love that.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Tomorrow Hubby and I will be participating in the It's a Wonderful Run 5k in Seneca Falls, NY. It is widely thought that Bedford Falls is based upon Seneca Falls. The Seneca Falls community has really embraced this notion. Zuzu even shows up each year to sign autographs. This year will be the 4th run and the 4th time we're participating. We're trying to make it a family tradition. This year our daughter should've been with us. There is always next year.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Tomorrow Hubby and I will be participating in the It's a Wonderful Run 5k in Seneca Falls, NY. It is widely thought that Bedford Falls is based upon Seneca Falls. The Seneca Falls community has really embraced this notion. Zuzu even shows up each year to sign autographs. This year will be the 4th run and the 4th time we're participating. We're trying to make it a family tradition. This year our daughter should've been with us. There is always next year.
    I love the movie (unless it is colorized which is a whole other thread topic) and I think many of us Think of Bedford Falls as the ideal small town. I know that when I look at my smaller client communities, that is what I hope to see.

I might have to travel to Seneca Falls some time to check it out.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh mid-life crisis thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 15 Feb 2013, 7:55 PM
  2. Teh Meaning of Life Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 14 Oct 2011, 6:59 PM