Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cyburbia Wikipedia page: anyone up for writing it?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Cyburbia Wikipedia page: anyone up for writing it?

"The other site" has a Wikipedia page. I think it's about time Cyburbia has its own Wikipedia page, considering it has the same amount of traffic, if not more, than the other site. I can't write it, though: it's self-promotion, which is frowned upon.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001

I guess I'm naive

Dan, why is it relevant the "The Other Site" gets noticed on Wiki while Cyburbia is not? I really don't think they are relevant.

All Chris and his staff do is harvest articles from on line sites and post links. A monkey can be taught to do that.

Lots of the links are not land use/planning related. "Big Brother is watching you ride the bus" Huh?

Too much Duany. I can post an example of his blunder on the panhandle. Why doesn't anyone comment on this one?

I'm sure his opinion folks mean well, but I get the sense they haven't been in the trenches. Too Blue nose for me. Recent example: "My Interview Published in the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's New Forefront Magazine" Huh?

I don't mind keeping our little secret.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I agree with much of what you wrote, but I really don't want to keep Cyburbia a secret.

One issue: folks from "the other site" have had pretty much free reign to add links to their site from Wikipedia. Whenever I tried adding a relevant link to Cyburbia from a Wikipedia article, it was deleted, often with a nasty comment from an editor.

EurekaLott wrote the article for "the other site"; he's a fan of that site.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 24 May 2011, 7:04 PM
  2. Top 100 Wikipedia Searches
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 28 Aug 2006, 8:06 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 25 Feb 2003, 8:54 AM
  4. Replies: 77
    Last post: 26 Nov 2002, 12:55 PM