Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Quick MIT application question

Registered
    Apr 2009

Quick MIT application question

Hey all,

Hope your applications are going well. I have a question about the MIT application process. In the department's application instructions, it mentions mailing in a "complete application," while in other instructions it simply mentions mailing in the letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and CV. I was a bit confused by this.

My question to fellow MIT applicants is: do we need to print out a copy of the online graduate application once we submit it and mail it along with the statement of objectives and CV? Is that part of a "complete application packet"?

Thanks!

No, what they are referring to is that all of the documents that must be mailed in should be sent in together with one package. You do not have to print off the online application.

Registered
    Apr 2009
    Great... that's what I was thinking, but I just wanted to double check. Thanks!

HELP!

I am using the link below for my DUSP application to the MCP. Where do we upload resumes? Am I doing something wrong here?

https://www.applyweb.com/apply/mitg/duspinst.html

Registered
    Nov 2009
    There was space to paste your resume in text-only format on page 9 of the form, right after your SOP, under "additional information". (Mind you, I had the same sense of panic and was relieved to recall that a hard copy was supposed to be included in the supplementary information packet.)

Good luck! Glad to see I'm not the only last minute type around here.....
    Last edited by escarole; 02 Jan 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Need to correct a statement.

Supplementary package should include what specifically? Want to make sure...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2009
    Your personal statement and resume. My stuff won't get there until Tuesday and I'm kind of freaking out a little bit.

The important thing is that your online part of the application is submitted and paid for by the deadline. They set up a page for you to show the status of all your documents and state very clearly they will get a hold of you if they are concerned about the timeliness of their arrivals.

Here's a general information excerpt that I got from my status screen:

"Materials such as transcripts, scores and letters of recommendation often take time to reach us. Please be patient. We will contact you if we are concerned by their late arrival.

Please note all supporting materials must be received by February 1, 2010. Incomplete applications will not be considered."

Awesome! Ward you made my day, I was stressing about the mail part too... Thank you both for the prompt response.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Where does it say you have mail anything in?
    I thought all we had to mail was the reference letters. The statement, resume etc were all in the online form, why mail them again?
    Thanks

They want you to mail in all the letters of reference together with your transcripts if possible.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    I see. Thanks, warderjack.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 03 Jan 2014, 6:58 PM
  2. Variances Quick variance question
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 19
    Last post: 29 Jan 2013, 6:44 PM