Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Energy Efficency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) - Non-Entitlement

Registered
    Apr 2009

Energy Efficency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) - Non-Entitlement

I'm just curious if anybody else out there has applied for EECBG funds, directly allocated to the state, for non-entitlement areas. In my state, these funds are being administered by the State Energy Office.

The process, IMO, has been pretty messy. It seems there has been a general lack of communication, delayed award announcements (Still waiting, although awards were suppose to be made this month), a mad dash for additional information from the Energy Office after a long period of silence from them, etc.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has been working with this program, and what your experiences have been?

Registered
    Apr 2009
    This probably belongs in the Environmental Planning Forum.....

Registered
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally posted by jdplanner View post
    I'm just curious if anybody else out there has applied for EECBG funds, directly allocated to the state, for non-entitlement areas. In my state, these funds are being administered by the State Energy Office.

The process, IMO, has been pretty messy. It seems there has been a general lack of communication, delayed award announcements (Still waiting, although awards were suppose to be made this month), a mad dash for additional information from the Energy Office after a long period of silence from them, etc.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has been working with this program, and what your experiences have been?
    I work in Michigan, and the application process has been pretty painless so far. State agencies (which review the apps and administer the grant) have been good about asking for additional information when it was needed. That said, I have no idea whether we'll get an award and no idea when I'll be informed of any decisions. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Registered
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for the response Counter.

Here in SC, we finally received funding announcements. It looks like our state's energy office did their best to try and fund as many projects as they could. If a project was determined to be below the required 2.5 ROI, funds were offered in a reduced capacity until the project met a 2.5 ROI (ROI determined against Federal Investment).

I work for a COG, and we contracted with local communities in our region to help develop and implement their projects. We also rated, ranked, and made recommendations about the projects to the enegy office. In my region every project was offered some funding. We didn't have have an overabudnance of applications, and we applied for slighty over the region's allocated amount.

I hope everything is still going smooth in Michigan.
    Last edited by jdplanner; 19 Feb 2010 at 7:14 PM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The CDBG entitlement community thread
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 94
    Last post: 11 Aug 2014, 9:06 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 18 Jan 2010, 9:34 AM
  3. Entitlement Process
    APA Los Angeles Section (archive)
    Replies: 1