Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Smart Growth jobs

Smart Growth jobs

Appears most of the jobs and discussions here are about planning jobs at the municipal or private sector level.

I was wondering if any of you have experience working for a smart growth or environmental land use advocacy group or think-tanks and specifically where would be a good place to find such jobs?
    Do you consider these to be quasi-planning organizations or planners?
    Last edited by surfer1280; 15 Feb 2010 at 6:23 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by surfer1280 View post
    Appears most of the jobs and discussions here are about planning jobs at the municipal or private sector level.

I was wondering if any of you have experience working for a smart growth or environmental land use advocacy group or think-tanks and specifically where would be a good place to find such jobs?
    Do you consider these to be quasi-planning organizations or planners?
    I spoke at the conf in Seattle last week and did the networking thing, and I don't think the profession is there yet. I'm doing a podcast about it soon and the groundswell is building, but nothing has formed around something definite yet. You can try a couple of the larger firms in arch or something, but they aren't hiring now. Go to the NPSG site and look at the sponsor page to get a feel. I will say the EPA busted out quite a few very new publications on the SG- green infra topics so they finally have their act together (maybe). Two-three years IMHO.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Aug 2007, 10:12 AM
  2. smart growth survey
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 09 Nov 2004, 1:20 PM
  3. WI Smart Growth
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 15 Oct 2003, 3:01 PM