Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Any cool online resources I can read to better educate myself about planning?

Registered
    Nov 2009

Any cool online resources I can read to better educate myself about planning?

Hey,

I currently live abroad and have a lot of free time but lack reliable access to English-language books. I don't have a solid background in urban planning but am fairly sure it's what I want to do. Thus, I'd like to take advantage of this time to give myself a base for understanding planning better, and because, hey, I'm really interested in it. Any good online resources? Essays, online texts, etc. Thanks in advance.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Sorry to bump a thread, but wanted to give this one more go. Surely someone has a thing or two to say...

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Saturday and Sunday tend to be slow on Cyburbia, because many people normally visit the site from school or work on weekdays. More people will probably be here on Monday to help answer your question. Remember, the bulk of Cyburbians are in the UTC-4 to UTC-10 and UTC +8 to UTC+10 time zones.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Sorry, I'm not sure I understand...my two posts are approximately 40 days apart.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Sorry. For some reason, I thought both posts were made the same day.

It's President's Day today; I forgot.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by bane View post
    Sorry to bump a thread, but wanted to give this one more go. Surely someone has a thing or two to say...
    Google US+Urban+Planning.

Surely a lot of good resources come up.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally posted by bane View post
    Hey,

I currently live abroad and have a lot of free time but lack reliable access to English-language books. I don't have a solid background in urban planning but am fairly sure it's what I want to do. Thus, I'd like to take advantage of this time to give myself a base for understanding planning better, and because, hey, I'm really interested in it. Any good online resources? Essays, online texts, etc. Thanks in advance.

Planetizen is one site that I read frequently ( http://www.planetizen.com ). The site has links to planning-related articles and also a few blogs.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Thanks, DLY, interesting resource.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Resources for proforma applications in planning?
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 23 Sep 2010, 5:07 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 21 Jul 2007, 7:13 AM
  3. Wedding planning resources
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 49
    Last post: 10 Jun 2004, 12:38 PM
  4. Comp. planning resources
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 2