Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: ITE trip generation data on-line?

Registered
    Nov 2009

ITE trip generation data on-line?

This might just be over reaching, but is there a tool or subscription service that anyone knows about that would allow an infrequent user of traffic generation data (such as myself, as a site planner) to log on, plug in the landuse parameters such as bldg size, use, etc., and obtain the trip generation data wihtout having to purchase the whole ITE Trip Generation Manual? Bill

Registered
    Nov 2009
    I would be interested in this information as well.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I would doubt it. Collecting samples based upon many different examples has to be a laborous process. Besides, this manual has to be a cash cow for ITE. Why not check there? They may have some sort of service where you could pay to research one land-use type?
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2008

try with FDOT

You might be able to download the program TIPS from the Florida Department of Transportation. TIPS is based on ITE 7th Edition Trip Generation. There is also an Excel spreadsheet that FDOT put out some time ago that has some of the more common uses with trip generation rates programmed into it for "quick looks" at what a development might generate in terms of trips.

Knowing the finer points of trip generation will help you use TIPS to its maximum, since it also allows you to plug in variables such as pass-by traffic, internal capture, etc. Below is a link to the site where they indicate you can download the software. You have to sign up/register first, the page says to inform of updates to the software. I didn't see anything about any fees, so the software may be free. Below is the link:

http://www.dot.state.fl.us/planning/...eimp/tips.shtm
    Last edited by Gatrgal93; 16 Nov 2009 at 4:01 PM. Reason: website location

Trip generation sheets

I had posted the excel sheet on here some time ago. I just returned from being gone for nearly 2 years, so I can't promise it is still on here. I have the spreadsheet at work. PM me and I'll try to get it to you.
    Who's gonna re-invent the wheel today?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    On occassion you can find some specific information online. I once came across a study of traffic generated by grain elevators, which even included an analysis of the type of trucks.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Dec 2009

8th Edition of Trip Generation spreadsheet

There is an up to date spreadsheet on this blog -
    http://www.mikeontraffic.com/2009/08...readsheet.html

Registered
    Dec 2009

Trip Generation Spreadsheet

Thank you so much for posting the trip gen spreadsheet - this saves a ton of time! Thanks again!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. ITE trip generation spreadsheet
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 11 May 2009, 4:49 PM
  2. TND trip generation
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 07 Aug 2006, 12:28 PM
  3. More Trip Generation Questions
    Transportation Planning