Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: "That person" AIB kms

Feb 2004
    on my 15 minute break

"That person" AIB kms

Quote Originally posted by kms
    There's always that person who won't eat Chinese when you're with a group of people.
    How true. Being as I'm allergic to virtually all seafood I'm frequently that person. The other time I tend to find myself the odd man out (and can ruin it for everyone else) is when it comes to cable tv....[them] "so, did you see that episode of Game of Thrones last night? Wow, I didn't see that death coming! So, who's your favorite character?" [me] "Um, is Game of Thrones a tv show that's maybe on cable? because I don't have cable you see. Would anyone care to talk about growing pumpkins instead?..."

So when are YOU "that person?"
    Are there other occasions where you encounter that person? (and it doesn't have to be you)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Nov 2002
    I am that person when it comes to anything but the most superficial discussion of sports, especially football. I am pretty good at saying inane things like "hopefully they can turn it around before the playoffs."

Aug 2001
    Western Pennsylvania
    I am "That Person" when it comes to sports. I'm left out of conversations the days after games.

I'm pretty much "That Person" for most pop culture topics. I don't know anything or anybody.

Jul 2003
    Down by Dun Ringill
    Blog entries
    I am "That Person" when it comes to any kind of sports talk, and also when I am in a bar, because pretty much after I have had my first drink I am ready to go.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Morning person or night person?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 18 Jul 2012, 9:31 AM
  2. New person here
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 17 Mar 2011, 4:23 PM
  3. Bands You Have Seen in Person