+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snapshot 9/3/14

Registered
    Feb 2004

Snapshot 9/3/14

Approximately how long is your hair?

~2.5 inches on top
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Using what's handy in my office, 14 on a 10 scale.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Cut this past Thursday to 1/16 of an inch.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    above the ears and a lot less up top.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2013
    20 inches

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    More than 24", it's down to the small of my back currently. I am getting annoyed with it so I am contemplating a haircut. I always donate my hair to Locks of Love.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    7/8's of an inch on the top and 3/8's of an inch on the sides. (I cut it this morning)
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I'm always surprised when I hear about women who maintain a head of hair that's like two feet or more in length. I mean how do you live with it? Seems like it'd take forever to dry, and hours to brush/style, and would constantly be getting into one's face. There's probably other inconveniences I haven't even thought of. On the other hand, it might open up other career opportunities
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    which part?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I get a 4 on top and a 2 on the sides. So whatever that means in inches.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

What hair?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I'm always surprised when I hear about women who maintain a head of hair that's like two feet or more in length. I mean how do you live with it? Seems like it'd take forever to dry, and hours to brush/style, and would constantly be getting into one's face. There's probably other inconveniences I haven't even thought of. On the other hand, it might open up other career opportunities
    I've pretty much always had long hair. Even when it is short it's below my shoulders. It doesn't really bother me very much, when it does I just put it in a ponytail or a bun. My hair is super straight and doesn't hold a curl for more than an hour so there's not much styling going on-just brush and go. My hair takes about an hour to dry, usually I wash it at night rather than the morning. I'm a low maintenance gal, it only takes me 15 minutes to get ready in the morning.

I'll pass on the circus.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    That's about where I'm at, too.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Vancity View post
    20 inches
    Hey, you are a Canadian-aren't you supposed to use either millimeters or centimeters?
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2008
    My hair on top can't really be measured in units like this. It's simply "BIG".
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My hair barely touches my shoulders.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Hey, you are a Canadian-aren't you supposed to use either millimeters or centimeters?
    Canadian's understand inches and feet well for some reason.
    ...millimetres would be a little crazy to use for my length ... .

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    It takes around 20 minutes to air dry, and like kjel's, mine dries straight. Styling my hair takes up approximately 2 minutes of my day in total. I think the longer it is, the less styling there is to do, regardless of texture, because really there are only two options for hair thats 2ft+, and that's up, or down.
    Getting food in hair and hair in food is the only real problem I've come across.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I get a 4 on top and a 2 on the sides. So whatever that means in inches.
    ^^^This^^^
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    That's about where I'm at, too.
    These guys know how to roll.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    These guys know how to roll.
    Eh..just easier to manage this way. Low maintenance and I can cut it at home and not pay a barber.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Anywhere from 0.5 to 1.0 inch. I have alopecia aerota that comes and goes, so I can't buzz it down shorter without taking the chance of waking up one morning looking like I have radiation poisoning.

An ex has what I describe as "Nurse Jackie hair". She claims it's because it's "low maintenance", yet she used to spend 20-30 minutes putting on makeup every morning. Not a fan of the style.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    About 1/2 inch on the sides and about 1 inch on top. It's time to get it cut though.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I confess I actually like the aesthetics of longer hair over shorter hair styles, but get annoyed when SO's with long hair cause punctuality to suffer by having to wait for them to 'finish their hair' (and yes this can be a factor when it comes to cosmetics too in my book).

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Eh..just easier to manage this way. Low maintenance and I can cut it at home and not pay a barber.
    Yep. I figure I save about $20-30/month just by having my wife shave my head with our own clippers, not to mention the money saved on shampoo and conditioners, etc. since I need only a very miniscule amount. I have a bottle of shampoo that's taken me almost a year and a half to go through!
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    Yep. I figure I save about $20-30/month just by having my wife shave my head with our own clippers, not to mention the money saved on shampoo and conditioners, etc. since I need only a very miniscule amount. I have a bottle of shampoo that's taken me almost a year and a half to go through!
    For me, it is a concession to a receding hairline; multiple cowlicks in difficult places; and, typical male-pattern baldness. If I grew my hair out, I'd be afraid of looking like Hitler on a bad-hair day ...
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Snapshot 8/15/14
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 15 Aug 2014, 5:40 PM
  2. Snapshot 11/27/13
    Friday Afternoon Club