Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Greetings from France !

Registered
    Jan 2010

Greetings from France !

Hi Everyone,

I am sending this first message from Grenoble in the South of France. We are so lucky today is a sunny day and I can see from my window the snowing top of the mountains !
    I am a student in Grenoble Institute of Urbanism. I do there my first master year in Urbanism, Housing and International Cooperation. I am from the center of France, from a city called Tours, it is not very famous, maybe you know better the Loire Valley with all the castles
    Last year, I passed my degree of Geography in Dublin. This was one of the best year of my life (because Erasmus is really something amazing). I really appreciated to work with all the people coming from different parts of the world on Irish projects, that was really rewarding.
    About my future, well it looks like I am in a good way for working on Urban planning For my second year, I have a work experimentation to do, I would like to go back in Ireland (especially in Dublin), if you have any advices, they are more than welcome. It is supposed to last at least five months, beginning from January 2011, to "at worse" July / middle of August.
    Foreign language is one of my other passion, I speak English... quite well I think, but please forgive me my mistakes, a bit of Spanish and I am learning Japanese right now. I plan to go after my graduation to Japan (again, if someone is from this part of the world, don't hesitate to talk to me !). I studied Italian and Latin for a little while during High School, but I think I don't have that much in my head anymore ^^

はじめまして どぞよろしくおねがいします
    Nice to meet you, I ask you to be nice with me (can be weird but I try to translate it as I could )

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010

Hello!

Hello,

OP can you tell me how is Planning like in France? I hear very nice cities there,

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello from France.
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 31 Jan 2013, 3:54 PM
  2. Greetings from France
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 01 Nov 2010, 5:48 PM
  3. Hi from France/Toronto!
    Introduce Yourself