Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hello from Bainbridge Island, WA

Registered
    Feb 2010

Hello from Bainbridge Island, WA

Hi, I'm Leslie. I'm here because I promised my father, Ken Schneider, that I would finish and publish his last book if he was not able to do so. He was an urban planner/sociologist, and he wrote a book in 1971 called Autokind vs. Mankind (we self-published a few years ago to bring it back in print). His last book is on how the efficient design of cities is the ulitimate environment for achieving the human potential. I'm here to learn more about his discipline...

Towards publishing his book, I'm taking a book proposal writing class, and our homework is to do some market research, e.g. find out the numbers sold of similar books, or the circulation of related magazines. Not sure what those magazines would be! If you have any data, or could help me find such data, I would be grateful.

Look forward to learning from this community.
    Leslie

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Welcome to Cyburbia, Leslie!

Ah, Bainbridge Island... my aunt & uncle used to run a B&B on Vashon Island, so I'm familiar with the area. Always loved it there.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!

For magazines, check out Planning Mag, published by the American Planning Assc. (APA).
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Bainbridge GA
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 26 Oct 2011, 6:11 PM
  2. Guess this Island #005
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 21 Dec 2006, 8:58 AM
  3. Guess the Island #6
    Cities and Places