Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: Canada

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by macaulayculkin View post
    Congrats on the Ryerson acceptance! It is one of my top choices as well but I haven't heard from them yet. Did you get a letter in the mail or did they email you (or both)? They didn't give you much time to decide, did they!? Just over a week...
    I got the letter in the mail, nothing by e-mail.
    Good luck! Hopefully you will hear good news from them soon.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    Congrats on the Ryerson acceptance! Hopefully I will be joining you there, but every passing day makes it seem less likely.

My friend is in the 1st year of the program and he is really enjoying it from what I hear!

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by ChanadalerBong View post
    I got the letter in the mail, nothing by e-mail.
    Good luck! Hopefully you will hear good news from them soon.
    I hope this doesn't seem too nosy, but what was your GPA?

(I am also waiting to hear from Ryerson.)

Hello there,
    Does anyone here know anyone who is or was at Queen's? What have your guys heard about the program? I am trying to make a last minute decision whether to accept their offer or stick with Dalhousie where I was going to originally go.
    Cheers

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by khaki View post
    I hope this doesn't seem too nosy, but what was your GPA?

(I am also waiting to hear from Ryerson.)
    Hey, I think my GPA was 3.1 (my school did it on a 9 point scale and I got 7/9...so 3.1 on a 4pt scale if I did the math right?) haha I hope that helps. Good luck!

Registered
    Feb 2010
    I accepted my offer from U of T and await studying in one of the most diverse world cities with 24 hour streetcars. I can't make the open house, but will be visiting in early April. Working on my student visa presently.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    congrats mayorslay!
    I was in toronto last september, it was beautiful, so much to do ANYTIME.
    Although I probably did go during the most hospitable month, but I'm sure its not as cold as people make it out to be.
    Good luck

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Just changed the thread title to "Graduate/PhD 2010/2011 applications and acceptance notices: Canada". I'll revert it back if there's any issues. Thanks!
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by MayorSlay View post
    I accepted my offer from U of T and await studying in one of the most diverse world cities with 24 hour streetcars. I can't make the open house, but will be visiting in early April. Working on my student visa presently.
    Congrats on the acceptance!
    When is the open house? I still haven't heard from them yet...

Registered
    Feb 2010
    It's the 26th. I imagine they received a lot of applications even more than last year.

I preferred UBC initially but I think U of T will be great. At least from current and former students who are now actual planners, they have practical courses as well as theory.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by MayorSlay View post
    It's the 26th. I imagine they received a lot of applications even more than last year.

I preferred UBC initially but I think U of T will be great. At least from current and former students who are now actual planners, they have practical courses as well as theory.
    Yeah, it seems like a pretty good program. I'm hoping to go to either U of T or Ryerson.

Just curious, did they offer you a TA/RAship with your acceptance? Do all grad students get one from U of T?

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Accepted at Queen's, U of T and UBC....It's between U of T and UBC. Have to decide by the ninth of April. This isn't getting any easier....but, I am thrilled

Registered
    Dec 2009
    I received an email from McGill that the Admissions Committee has recommended me for admissions. My file has been forwarded to GPS for final approval. Approval is a formality.

I will have one week to make a decision once I receive my acceptance package.

Time to talk to some students in the program and alumni.

Quote Originally posted by davidleo View post
    Hi, I was informed about McGill's recommendation on Feb 17 and received the formal confirmation in the mail on the 20th. They only gave me a week to accept their offer with a deposit.

Any thoughts on McGill's program? it seems to be a little more practical with a lot of emphasis on design but I don't know about their focus on environmental planning. I am interested in both fields.

I am still waiting to hear back from uoft though (planning and MLA)
    What was your decision? Did you talk to any students?
    Last edited by Gedunker; 26 Apr 2010 at 3:44 PM. Reason: seq.posts

Registered
    Feb 2010
    UT offered me a scholarship -- no work required. I can apply for a TA/RA, and other increased funding, in my second year.

Has anyone decided to accept and an offer to Queen's? Also I would be interested in knowing what you have heard about their program.

Thanks

Registered
    Mar 2010
    I've only applied to UBC and UofT for the masters programs but I haven't heard from either yet... does anyone know if that's good or bad?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    Accepted into Queen's, Waterloo, and U of M.

Rejected by UBC...which is still puzzling to me.

Still waiting to hear back from UBC. When did you guys hear?

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by Christina2005 View post
    What was your decision? Did you talk to any students?
    Hi Christina,
    I could not get in touch with any student. I just sent you a PM.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by rickers View post
    Accepted at Queen's, U of T and UBC....It's between U of T and UBC. Have to decide by the ninth of April. This isn't getting any easier....but, I am thrilled
    How long did U of T give you to make a decision? It seems like the lengths vary depending on when you get your letter. Have you decided yet?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    UBC gave you until April 9th? I only have until March 31st...maybe I can delay

Registered
    Feb 2010
    I haven't heard yet from UBC, but I need to notify the schools that accepted me by April 15, so they had better not take too long. It seems that they look to fill their class a little more with each round, instead of giving everyone the same reply-by date. Guess I wasn't their first choice! Do all Canadian schools do admissions this way? UBC is my top pick, but if they don't accept me I'll end up at U Maryland or Portland State.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    I still haven't heard from UBC or Ryerson (although word on the street is Ryerson was looking at more applications yesterday, so possibly a second round of acceptances will be sent out soon??)

It would be nice to know by the end of March so I can plan my vacation time at work for the summer and fall (if I don't get into any schools).

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by Gaijin Punch View post
    I still haven't heard from UBC or Ryerson (although word on the street is Ryerson was looking at more applications yesterday, so possibly a second round of acceptances will be sent out soon??)

It would be nice to know by the end of March so I can plan my vacation time at work for the summer and fall (if I don't get into any schools).
    Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear from Ryerson as well. I think their website says that you might not hear back until the end of April... so we might have another month to wait. I hope not, though!

So I guess quite a few people are waiting to hear from UBC as well? Does anyone know when they might finish contacting everyone? I just got a phone call from UofT saying I have been accepted but I have to let them know by next Friday (April 2) whether I want to enroll! I'm worried I won't have heard from UBC by then...

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 122
    Last post: 16 Oct 2014, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 129
    Last post: 18 Mar 2014, 10:38 PM
  3. Replies: 120
    Last post: 28 Jun 2013, 5:46 PM
  4. Replies: 231
    Last post: 31 Jan 2012, 11:28 PM
  5. Replies: 1966