Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Whether it's Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, some pirate site (avast ye mates) or whatever - what did you recently complete, what is your current and what's your next binge watch?

my most recent: The X Files, The Fall, Crossing Lines

Current: Blue Bloods - I also watch Psych with my son, and New Girl and Criminal Minds with my teenaged daughter

Future: House of Cards (can't wait for new season to start), Peaky Blinders

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Currently Chuck. Before that it was Firefly (I know it's hard to do a 'binge' when there were only 14 episodes of the entire series) and Smallville
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Most recently: Sherlock

Currently: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (I've seen every episode at least 2x but I'm still going through the whole series again)
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2004
    For the record the best way to watch a series is when there are no commercials or weekly/season waits between episodes. It's easy to follow the story arc of a season and see how characters develop when earlier episodes are fresh in your mind.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2001
    What is this thing called "binge watch" of which you speak?

(Some of you people need to get a hobby, go outside every now and then, or get between the sheets early. )

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Last binged series: Breaking Bad. Now all other series aren't as good as Breaking Bad although I am enjoying Better Call Saul.

Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    . . .Currently: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (I've seen every episode at least 2x but I'm still going through the whole series again)
    The episode with Lil' Kev is my favorite.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Previous "binges": The Sopranos, Lost.

Current "binge": Shameless (about 1/2 thru Season 2).
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    I've been watching every episode of Bonanza in the order it was aired. I am in season 8 of 14.

When I take a break from that, I watch "Lost Girl," which is a Canadian series about this kick-ass succubus and good and bad supernatural beings living in the modern world.

Another binge pleasure is "Forensic Files," which air on HLN. They commonly run four episodes in a row in the evening.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    This Old House and Ask This Old House. (PBS app on Apple TV or you can watch them at thisoldhouse.com)
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Previous binges include:

Crossing Lines
    The Fall
    Sherlock
    Death in Paradise (the BBC show, not the movie)

Queued up for binging when I'm not still in moving mode:

How the States got their Shapes
    Twin Peaks
    The Job
    Justified (saw the first two seasons)
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    SINP

How the States got their Shapes

SNIP
    This is a great series. I loved hearing the truth about the Mason/Dixon line.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Orange is the New Black
    Call the Midwife
    Sherlock
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I don't really binge watch unless the weather sucks. But I do stream a lot of shows and watch an episode every couple of nights:

Current:
    Peaky Blinders

On my list:
    The Fall
    Homeland (watched early seasons, but kinda forgot about it)
    Boardwalk Empire
    Breaking Bad
    The Sopranos
    Sons of Anarchy
    Top of the Lake
    Black Books

Recent, awaiting next season:
    House of Cards
    Orange is the New Black
    The Killing

Recent, completed:
    Dexter

Recent, but likely won't continue:
    Salem

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    bring on the binge

Bingeing on both Game of Thrones and The White Queen, as fast as netflix can turn it around

Last binged on Call the Midwife a true binge it was on demand

fondly recall my first two binges, courtesy of free HBO for 6 months The Sopranos and Rome.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    The only two series on these posts I've ever seen were Bonanza and the X Files. We don't watch much in the way of series t.v., maybe catch Parks & Rec here and there. The only thing I could say we've "binged" watched was 3 National Lampoon Vacation movies one day over the holidays.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Last: The Wire
    Current: Whitechapel
    Next: ?? - whatever looks good either on Amazon Prime or from Netflix
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Most of what I have binge watched has been listed already, so I will simply suggest to you that if have Netflix and are binge-watching crime dramas etc., RIPPER STREET should be on your list.
    Also, though Hulu users should be binge-watching Community. It's sad that I don't see it on the lists like I should. (sniff) .

Last thing: Only Suburb Repairman listed Black Books, which, though an acquired taste, is some of the best comedy I've ever enjoyed. Extra points to you, SIr.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I went through as many JJ Abrams shows as I could: Lost, Fringe, Felicity, (there were others). It was fun to see the similarities in all of his work.
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Next up is 'Galactica'

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Recently completed and waiting for more:
    Orange is the New Black
    Mozart in the Jungle
    Walking Dead

Completed but don’t want to watch any more, the son and eldest daughter characters annoyed the crap out of me:
    Transparent

Current:
    Community
    New Girl
    Once Upon a Time
    (yeah, just been in a light fare mood lately)

Future:
    I want to rewatch Sherlock – some of the episodes I watched in the post-baby sleep deprivation fog so barely remember.
    I also want to get into Scandal and get back into House of Cards, but just haven’t been in the mood for those type of shows lately.

I just discovered PBS's Shakespeare Uncovered. Fascinating show that put the play in context of both when they were written and modern times. I've discovered a deeper appreciation of the immortal bard.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    The reboot of Beauty and the Beast tv series.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2011
    Twin Peaks.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Currently starting season 3 of 'Newhart'

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    finished Lillyhammer - loved it

watching Burn Notice now

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What shows do you watch?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 04 Jan 2014, 11:37 AM