Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Another New Planner From East Carolina

Registered
    Feb 2010

Another New Planner From East Carolina

Hey Guys!

I'm Matt Kucinich, aka NoHouse (my last name translated in Croatian, country of family origin). I'm going to be graduating in May from East Carolina University with a B.S. in Coastal Planning with concentrations in Environmental and Coastal Resources.
    I'm Looking for a job just like any new student and thought I'd join a planning forum to stay current in this tough economy. See you around!

Registered
    Feb 1998
    I hired several East Carolina planners; it was a very positive experience. My job will be over in a month--but it is OVER. It would be a tad tough to sell a coastal resources education in KS anyway.

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Welcome, Matt. I grew up a little ways up route 7 from you in western Loudoun County, and spent a substantial amount of time on projects in New Bern and Jacksonville, NC in my last job. Now I'm at Va Tech getting my masters in environmental planning. Good luck in your job search!
    Process and dismissal. Shelter and location. Everybody wants somewhere.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Welcome to Cyburbia, Matt.

When I was attending grad school at UNC Chapel Hill, I had a friend who got his bachelor's in planning (I think) from East Carolina University. He's now chief-muckity-muck ... er, head of planning for a mid-Atlantic state. Maybe you will follow in his footsteps! Best of luck to you.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I've picked up where Kalimotxo has left off in Jacksonville working on Military and Regional Planning. I'd be happy to help you find your first planning job in anyway I can.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Apr 2009
    Hello. I'm orginally from NC, and worked in the eastern part of the state for a while (near the town that built the music theater in the middle of nowhere and named it after a famous person's sibling ). I now work in the Palmetto State.
    Last edited by jdplanner; 19 Feb 2010 at 5:37 PM. Reason: spelling

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Greetings from the Florida panhandle.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Hello from western PA, and from a NC resident wanna be. Let us know where you wind up.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Greetings from a fellow ECU-er! Go Pirates! Well, I was there for a few semesters before deciding to move back to the Great Lake State to finish undergrad...

I also lived in Jacksonville for a couple of years before attending ECU and while I didn't think much of the area then, I do miss it now (I'm still trying to convince my wife that we should get a beach house on Topsail Island instead of having a kid).

I have a buddy who works at the Albemarle Commission in Hertford and he always seems very busy so I'll keep my ear to the ground in case I hear of him looking for any help.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    welcome from downeast Maine!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!

Did you have any classes with Dr. Reyes? or Dr. Montz?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2008
    Greetings from just south of you...Myrtle Beach, SC!
    In silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and watch how the pattern improves - Rumi

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 15
    Last post: 07 Jun 2012, 6:32 PM
  2. Hi from North Carolina
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 08 Dec 2010, 10:56 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 25 Sep 2007, 5:14 PM
  4. Greetings from Carolina
    Introduce Yourself