Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The missing Planning magazine mystery

Registered
    Aug 2007

The missing Planning magazine mystery

Has anyone else not been receiving their Planning magazine? During lunch today, several of my co-workers remarked that they haven't been receiving their magazines. It seems like it has been since October since I have seen an issue. Seriously, I am not sure what the point of being a member of APA is anymore!!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yes....

I got all of mine and a couple of them had great articles in them (Transmission Boost Feb. 2010). Give them a call. Let us know how that goes......
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    May 2009

You are not the only one

I recieved two copies of the February issue and never recieved a March issue. I asked a colleague and he hadn't recieved an issue since December. At first he thought his neighbors might be into planning, but I don't think that is the case.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Well....

The March issue wasn't so great....in my opinion. Seemed like a bunch of filler to me..... The Supermarket as Neighborhood Anchor article was ok....
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I set it down after reading it, thinking to myself it was garbage. Grocery as neighborhood retail? Come on, that is as old as the supermarket itself. Advertorial for a planning firm? Pretty weak.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I just got the Journal of the American Planning Association. Not sure why. It was the winter issue too. I think it took the post office a few months to deliver it to me.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    I'm missing a bunch of issues from the 4th quarter of 2009, and I think I've missed a couple this year too.

It's weird. My dues are paid and everything.

I thought that they had stopped issuing the magazine, but I did receive at least one this year. Maybe Jan. or Feb?
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally posted by illinoisplanner View post
    I'm missing a bunch of issues from the 4th quarter of 2009, and I think I've missed a couple this year too.

It's weird. My dues are paid and everything.

I thought that they had stopped issuing the magazine, but I did receive at least one this year. Maybe Jan. or Feb?
    IP, I am not sure what is going on but I did finally receive the March issue last week. I too missed most of the issues from the 4th Quarter of last year. I called them and received a large envelope with the missing issues. A few of my co-workers were having the same issue. Our dues are up-to-date. I am also in IL so I have no idea if that has anything to do with it.

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by rcgplanner View post
    IP, I am not sure what is going on but I did finally receive the March issue last week. I too missed most of the issues from the 4th Quarter of last year. I called them and received a large envelope with the missing issues. A few of my co-workers were having the same issue. Our dues are up-to-date. I am also in IL so I have no idea if that has anything to do with it.
    I regularly receive all my Planning magazines. I do find, however, that content is often missing and would appreciate some substance in the magazine.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. APA Planning Magazine
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 22 Mar 2011, 10:34 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 Jul 2005, 9:35 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 30 Dec 2002, 11:40 AM
  4. The ALL NEW Planning Magazine
    Make No Small Plans